PDA

View Full Version : IR105 SMTP and Remote UI issues

Custom Search

colby
10-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Hello

I am supporting a client that has had a Canon IR105 and has never been able to get the send to email function to work properly. They are using a SMTP server to relay emails. I am extremely confident the settings are corrrect, as they are the same as other Canon devices at the site. Also, I am unable to connect using the Remote UI. I can a page that says "RemoteUI Contents is Not Found!!". I have not been able to determine where they got the machine but I am very sure it was not new. I would like to do a factory reset of the machine and make sure it has all the correct firmware, drivers, etc. Can anyone help me with this?

Colby

moicez
10-18-2012, 05:44 AM
Sure! First off do not do a "reset". For the UI to work you will have to upload to the machine the files necessary, you will need the System Software (for the files) and the Canon SST software to do the upload, i will not go in to much detail on that.

For your email problems, make sure you have the correct port, you will find that in the Service Mode Level 2. Also the Domain Name Field must not be blank (its not really required for email but that's how the machine works).

I hope this helps. Post your email configuration and the requirements to be able to help further.

Custom Search