PDA

View Full Version : C352 transfer belt not resetting

Custom Search

paulrid
10-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have searched and can't find it.

I have a C352 which needs a new transfer belt well new fuse :) but its not resetting. I have checked the connectors which are now o.k but they weren't making proper connection to start with but its still didn't reset. I have change the main board but that didn't help, I need to trace the wires back from the transfer belt to I have been unable to find anything about it in the service manual or Konica support, any ideas?

Thanks Paul.

Albonline
10-18-2012, 07:50 PM
did you run gradation? some of the early konica color units required it to reset the belt.

JustManuals
10-18-2012, 10:57 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

PeterG
10-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Is it actually "blowing" the fuse?

Darren King
10-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Check for P codes and make sure the fuse you put in the belt is still intact.
Darren

paulrid
10-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks all for the replys,

No its not blowing the fuse, I will check for P codes must admit I didn't look for that silly me. I'll also try the gradation.

Paul.

paulrid
10-19-2012, 11:59 AM
There were P codes which I cleared but transfer belt would still not reset, changed main board again still the same. I can't gradation it as it won't allow me to print any thing not even in tech rep.
Any other ideas?

Thanks Paul.

Zeldaman
10-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi there!
Is it the correct fuse? Had the same problem, after checking the not blown fuse i see it was too "strong". Inserting 80mA-fuse, then the reset was done.
Greetings...

paulrid
10-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the reply,

It was the correct fuse but I still just changed it for another one to eliminate it and it still didn't reset.

Paul.

Zeldaman
10-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi there!
2 points of the KM-Techsite: 1. the contacts of ITB and/or counterpart in the machine are "contaminated" (means dirty LoL)
2. the PRCB-board is defective.

Greetings...

paulrid
10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi there!
2 points of the KM-Techsite: 1. the contacts of ITB and/or counterpart in the machine are "contaminated" (means dirty LoL)
2. the PRCB-board is defective.

Greetings...

Hi Zeldaman,

I checked the contacts and they were fine, is the PRCB the main board?

Thanks Paul.

Darren King
10-19-2012, 07:37 PM
I know you said you cleared the P codes, but, are the returning? Which P codes where they? If they are transfer belt related maybe the belt itself is done. Try a new one and check what happens.
Darren

paulrid
10-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I know you said you cleared the P codes, but, are the returning? Which P codes where they? If they are transfer belt related maybe the belt itself is done. Try a new one and check what happens.
Darren

Thanks for the reply Daren,

P codes were p28 and p? Can't remember but it was pointing towards black IU but as I couldn't test anything I just swaped it from a good machine and it cleared the p codes which didn't come back.
i have tried a a different belt but I can always try another.

Paul.

Darren King
10-19-2012, 08:09 PM
P-28 refers to the back IDC sensor, not the black IU. The IDC sensor reads the transfer belt. Clean the two IDC sensors and try the belt again.

P-28 IDC sensor (back) failure

P-5 IDC sensor (front) failure •
All outputs of Sensor photoreceiver section from thedetection point (unprinted surface on the Image TransferBelt) are 0.5 V or less or 4.3 V or more at outputchecking during IDC/registration sensor adjustment.• All outputs of sensor photoreceiver section from thedetection point (unprinted surface on the image transferbelt) are 1.9 V or less or 4.4 V or more at density settingduring IDC/registration sensor adjustment.• The output of sensor photoreceiver section from thedetection point (toner pattern on the image transferbelt) is 1.0 V or less after the adjustment.• During image stabilization (gamma correction control),the voltage output by the sampling from the adjustmentpattern made on the image transfer belt is at the half ofthe voltage on the image transfer belt or under.• During stabilization (gamma correction control), theoutput value of the IDC sensor detected from theadjustment pattern made on the image transfer beltdoes not indicate the value which is half of the voltageon the image transfer belt or under for three consecutivetimes.Darren

paulrid
10-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Thanks Daren I'll give it a try on Monday and let you know.

Paul.

MAD0RAM
10-20-2012, 12:52 AM
If you go into gradation and can't run it you probably have not completed stabilization.
I believe you have to complete stabilization to detect any new units.
I think there is a stabilization button in the gradation mode if you select it and run it (press start)
it will give you a NG failure if it fails. At that point you will need to ensure all your P-codes get corrected.

scoonered
11-03-2012, 05:36 PM
I think youll find its the engin board not the MFP, however if you load the latest firmware & programme the machine not to call far any consumables it will drop back the life bars in consumable display by one notch then start up as normal & never call again. This will stop all future chipping IU's & fuser / belt fusing. Im based in Kent.

If you want more info email me colin@itssltd.co.uk :cool:

paulrid
11-03-2012, 08:26 PM
I think youll find its the engin board not the MFP, however if you load the latest firmware & programme the machine not to call far any consumables it will drop back the life bars in consumable display by one notch then start up as normal & never call again. This will stop all future chipping IU's & fuser / belt fusing. Im based in Kent.

If you want more info email me colin@itssltd.co.uk :cool:

Thanks Colin I'll give that ago as I still haven't fixed this one.

Paul.

Darren King
11-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Have you tried a brand new out of the box transfer belt. You can't re-fuse them indeninitely. They do wear out.
Darren

Custom Search