PDA

View Full Version : Canon IR7105 Folder Scanning (SMB)

Custom Search

tinnyjay
10-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Hello!
I have a new IR7105 and i need to know if it is possible to scan to folder over network.
Thank you

teckat
10-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Hello!
I have a new IR7105 and i need to know if it is possible to scan to folder over network.
Thank you

Universal Send Kit-E1
:confused:
required settings for sending files (push scanning) from a Canon device to a shared folder on a computer via SMB protocol.

The following instructions are described as Rule A and Rule B.

Rule A: If your computer has more than 1 hard drive or more than 1 partition.
HOST NAME: \\ computer name or IP address \ hard disk shared name
FILE PATH: \ folder name or shared name
USER: enter a valid user name that has write privilege to the computer that
you are sending to.
PASSWORD: enter the valid user password.
Rule B: If your computer only has 1 hard drive or 1 partition.
HOST NAME: \\ computer name or IP address \ folder name or shared name
FILE PATH: enter sub-directory in shared folder or leave this section blank.

you are sending to.
Scenarios:
If the entire hard disk is being shared, follow RULE A.

If the entire hard disk and a specific folder are being shared, follow RULE A or RULE B.
If the hard disk is not being shared and only the folder is being shared, follow RULE B.
If you are working with an iR3250, always follow RULE A.
Notes:
You must have the ability to write to the shared folder. On Windows NT / 2000 / XP, be sure the account (user name and password) used to send has permission to write to the shared folder (both share permission and NTFS permission). On Windows 95 / 98, be sure the folder is shared with an access type of Full, not Read-Only.
* Also be sure to configure the copier with the same Domain Name (ex. yourdomainname.com) as the computers being sent to, if required by the customers network enviroment.
* If you are unable to send to one specific computer, and you are using an account with sufficient rights/permissions, it may be necessary to reboot that computer.
* Windows XP has a built in firewall option. If this option is enabled, the necessary ports to send via SMB must be opened.

tinnyjay
10-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Universal Send Kit-E1
required settings for sending files (push scanning) from a Canon device to a shared folder on a computer via SMB protocol.

you are sending to.

you are sending to.
Scenarios:

If the entire hard disk and a specific folder are being shared, follow RULE A or RULE B.
If the hard disk is not being shared and only the folder is being shared, follow RULE B.
Notes:
You must have the ability to write to the shared folder. On Windows NT / 2000 / XP, be sure the account (user name and password) used to send has permission to write to the shared folder (both share permission and NTFS permission). On Windows 95 / 98, be sure the folder is shared with an access type of Full, not Read-Only.
* Also be sure to configure the copier with the same Domain Name (ex. yourdomainname.com) as the computers being sent to, if required by the customers network enviroment.
* If you are unable to send to one specific computer, and you are using an account with sufficient rights/permissions, it may be necessary to reboot that computer.
* Windows XP has a built in firewall option. If this option is enabled, the necessary ports to send via SMB must be opened.

Thank you Teckat for your reply.
I've done this before with Toshiba,but i thought maybe Canon has something different or something i dont know.
Thank you

Raoufselwaness
02-29-2020, 01:02 AM
Universal Send Kit-E1

you are sending to.

you are sending to.
Scenarios:

Notes:

hi teckat:
do you have any updates for windows 10 because my customer was working with win7 and i was able to set send easily. but since he updated to win 10 last month i could not set the send function.
thanks in advance
Raouf

Phil B.
02-29-2020, 01:38 AM
hi teckat:
do you have any updates for windows 10 because my customer was working with win7 and i was able to set send easily. but since he updated to win 10 last month i could not set the send function.
thanks in advance
Raouf

teckat is still around unlike this thread for the past eight years..

good job grave robber

teckat
02-29-2020, 03:30 AM
imageRUNNER 7105 - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Europe (https://www.canon-europe.com/support/products/imagerunner/ir7105.html)

Raoufselwaness
03-01-2020, 08:44 AM
imageRUNNER 7105 - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Europe (https://www.canon-europe.com/support/products/imagerunner/ir7105.html)
thanks for your fast replay, but i can't get the point is it driver issue ?

teckat
03-01-2020, 02:36 PM
thanks for your fast replay, but i can't get the point is it driver issue ?

U need to have a starting point, update drivers, then work from there.

Custom Search