PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Canon ir1210 --code E245

Custom Search

sweet.persona
10-19-2012, 01:57 AM
Hi to all
Machine is displying system error E245
I tried whit turning machine on whit stop button didn't help, i tried to execute clear>all didn't help, i tried printer reset and didn't help. i tried to remove and return JP1 jumper but all without result !!

but i have replaced another Pcb assembly that work normaly!! What is the problem, which may be in the original Pcb!

thank u in advance.

teckat
10-19-2012, 05:46 PM
following steps should be taken in troubleshooting an E245 code:

Check for a loose connection between the Main Controller and the Counter PCB during a copy run.
Check the screw is tight on the Counter PCB.
Confirm the machine has been flashed to the latest software.
Replacing the Main Controller will resolve the problem if the Counter PCB is working.
Defective Counter PCB.

Counter memory pcb. can now be ordered from Canon (pcb is now not restricted by Canon)

Counter Memory, Serial Number and Main Controller PCBs work as a set and are considered the “Soft Counter Circuit”. The Counter Memory PCB is electronically stamped with the serial number from the Serial Number PCB. Neither the Counter Memory PCB nor the Serial Number PCB can be swapped to other equipment.
The Counter Memory PCB keeps track of the total count, which cannot be erased or changed. The service counters are retained by the Main Controller. These counters can be reset manually through service mode. When the Counter Memory PCB must be replaced, after installing the new one, the new Counter Memory PCB learns the Total Count from the Main Controller. This is retained in SRAM on the Main Controller PCB and held active by means of an on board battery.

If replacing the Counter Memory PCB does not fix an E245, E246 or E247 code, suspect a failed Main Controller PCB (put back the original Counter Memory PCB when replacing the Main Controller PCB).

Never operate the equipment without the Counter Memory PCB installed. Doing so may cause an
E245 code, which can only be cleared by “zeroing out” the Main Controller PCB by one of Canon's A.P.R.F.’s or replacing it with a new Main Controller PCB.

sweet.persona
10-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Thank you Dr tecakt was the best reply

Custom Search