PDA

View Full Version : the leakage of toner of irc3100

Custom Search

akm
10-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Dear CopyTech,

i suffer from the e 0020-0081 which occurs continously i find the toner sprinkled around the dev. tanks in the rotary ass' , the leakage of toner comes from the point of convergence of the shutter of dev. and the shutter of tank of any color i think the toner sprinkled due to the rotation of rotary ass and comes to the drum and the window of image patch sensor i need a solution to prevent the leakage of toner your reply very important

Thanks
Akm

teckat
10-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Transfer Cleaning Assembly/check for a broken shutter on it/see if it is packed with waste/change the blade
:confused:
How old is the DRUM:confused:
Weak Developer:confused:
================================================== =============================
There are several things that can cause E020’s; ATR Sensor, Patch Image Read Sensor, weak Developer, DC Controller and Drum Unit.

Some simple trouble shooting can help you isolate the problem.

1. If possible make 10 color copies to force the ATR sensor to take readings. Then compare the SGNL reading for the color that is generating the error and additional colors in Service Mode; COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M with the Initialization setting in COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M.

COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M arethe ATR Sensor readings of the Developer in its present condition and should be within +/- 100 of the Initialization settings.

COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M arethe Initialization settings that the copier maintains and are usually between 400 and 650

2. If the Initialization setting is outside these numbers the Developer Unit will need to be replaced.

When replacing the Developer Unit, make sure to execute:
- COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>STIR-Y/C/M
- COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>INIT-Y/C/M
- COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>SPLY-H-Y/C/M
After Initializing the Developer Units print a P-print and keep with the copier.
-COPIER>FUNCTION>MISC-P>P-PRINT

3. If the ATR Sensor reading is over +/-100 of the Initialization setting; the ATR Sensor, Patch Image Read Sensor, Drum Unit and DC Controller are suspect.

Check the status of the Drum Unit under COPIER>DISPLAY>MISC>DRUM-LIFE. The Patch Image Read Sensor looks at a patch of toner that is generated on the drum for each color and determines the amount of toner that is in the patch by the amount of reflected light. If the drum is not creating the patch correctly, the patch reading will be affected. Replace the Drum Unit if it is close to or over 100% of its rated life.
If the Drum Unit is not close to or over its rated life, replace the ATR Sensor and Patch Image Read Sensor. If the error continues replace the DC Controller.

5. If over toning continues to occur the Toner Supply Clutch (CL7) may be sticking and need to be replaced.

akm
10-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Transfer Cleaning Assembly/check for a broken shutter on it/see if it is packed with waste/change the blade
:confused:
How old is the DRUM:confused:
Weak Developer:confused:
================================================== =============================
There are several things that can cause E020’s; ATR Sensor, Patch Image Read Sensor, weak Developer, DC Controller and Drum Unit.

Some simple trouble shooting can help you isolate the problem.

1. If possible make 10 color copies to force the ATR sensor to take readings. Then compare the SGNL reading for the color that is generating the error and additional colors in Service Mode; COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M with the Initialization setting in COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M.

COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M arethe ATR Sensor readings of the Developer in its present condition and should be within +/- 100 of the Initialization settings.

COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M arethe Initialization settings that the copier maintains and are usually between 400 and 650

2. If the Initialization setting is outside these numbers the Developer Unit will need to be replaced.

When replacing the Developer Unit, make sure to execute:
- COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>STIR-Y/C/M
- COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>INIT-Y/C/M
- COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>SPLY-H-Y/C/M
After Initializing the Developer Units print a P-print and keep with the copier.
-COPIER>FUNCTION>MISC-P>P-PRINT

3. If the ATR Sensor reading is over +/-100 of the Initialization setting; the ATR Sensor, Patch Image Read Sensor, Drum Unit and DC Controller are suspect.

Check the status of the Drum Unit under COPIER>DISPLAY>MISC>DRUM-LIFE. The Patch Image Read Sensor looks at a patch of toner that is generated on the drum for each color and determines the amount of toner that is in the patch by the amount of reflected light. If the drum is not creating the patch correctly, the patch reading will be affected. Replace the Drum Unit if it is close to or over 100% of its rated life.
If the Drum Unit is not close to or over its rated life, replace the ATR Sensor and Patch Image Read Sensor. If the error continues replace the DC Controller.

5. If over toning continues to occur the Toner Supply Clutch (CL7) may be sticking and need to be replaced.

Many thanks Eng.Techat for your rapid answer

Akm

teckat
10-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Dear CopyTech,

i suffer from the e 0020-0081 which occurs continously i find the toner sprinkled around the dev. tanks in the rotary ass' , the leakage of toner comes from the point of convergence of the shutter of dev. and the shutter of tank of any color i think the toner sprinkled due to the rotation of rotary ass and comes to the drum and the window of image patch sensor i need a solution to prevent the leakage of toner your reply very important

Thanks
Akm

Procedure is intended to help minimize E020-0081 Error
Codes, Toner Scatter and Developing Unit Lock Ups.

read pdf>>>>>17825:rolleyes:

akm
10-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Procedure is intended to help minimize E020-0081 Error
Codes, Toner Scatter and Developing Unit Lock Ups.

read pdf>>>>>17825:rolleyes:

Dear Eng.DECHAT

WHEN I TRY TO PERFORM THESE ADJUSTMENTS AS YOU MENTION I OBSERVE THE GEARS WHICH DRIVE THE CYLINDERS OF THE TANKS ARE Corroded THIS CAN CAUSE THE Scattering OF TONER INSIDE MACHINE AND COVER THE WINDOW OF IMAGE PATCH SENSOR WHICH CAUSE E 0020-081 YOUR REPLY VERY IMPORTANT

THANKS
Akm

teckat
10-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Dear Eng.DECHAT

WHEN I TRY TO PERFORM THESE ADJUSTMENTS AS YOU MENTION I OBSERVE THE GEARS WHICH DRIVE THE CYLINDERS OF THE TANKS ARE Corroded THIS CAN CAUSE THE Scattering OF TONER INSIDE MACHINE AND COVER THE WINDOW OF IMAGE PATCH SENSOR WHICH CAUSE E 0020-081 YOUR REPLY VERY IMPORTANT

THANKS
Akm

Thanks>>>>>>>>>17864

Canon.Tech
10-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Very informative PDF teckat.

I have found that clutch CL7 is the main cause of this models issues.

I still work on this model most days, this is a terrible machine, just awful.

Agggghhhhhh

akm
10-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Thanks>>>>>>>>>17864
Dear Eng.Techat,
i print the D-PRINT please you can seeinthe attached files and give useful notes

Thanks
Akm

teckat
10-23-2012, 02:50 PM
E-020 sub code 0081.
E-020 stands for a drum / developer related error. Sub code 0081 stated that the P-SEN-P is less than 255 when a base (drum face) of patch detection is read out. In other words patch read is too low when primary is charging drum. When troubleshooting these type of codes (E-020's) most technicians will try seeing a patch being developed on the ITB belt. In one case there were no patches being developed on ITB. No patch was due to the fact that the primary never came up to proper voltage which caused the machine to never turn on the laser. No laser no patch.

You can check the P-SEN-P reading in service mode Copier / Display / Dens / P-SEN-P.
If value is less than 255 then go to service mode level two Copier / Display / Dens / P-LED-DA if reading is 90 or above then patch sensor is dirty or scratched.
If reading is below 90 then drum unit is bad.

In this case, it was found that P-SEN-P had a reading of 225 and P-LED-DA with a reading of 170.
Replaced the patch sensor and problem was resolved. --------------------------------------------------------

Level 1

DENS-Y/M/C/K
Use it to check the computed value of the density (Y/M/C/K) of the patch formed on the photosensitive drum. (indicates the discrepancy from the target value in %) The value is updated when the machine executes toner supply operation after the main power switch is turned on.
Optimum:-25 to +25

P-SENS-S
Use it to check the value (S wave) detected of the intensity of light from the background (drum) of patch image sensor.

DRM-LIFE
Use it to check the age of the drum unit. Indicates how much it has been used in %.
Optimum:0 to 100 (unit: %)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 2

DENS-Y/M/C-H
Use it to check the history of measurements taken by the ATR sensor (Y/ M/C; latest 8 measurements).

DS-S-Y/M/C/K-H Use it to check the history of the results of detection of patch images (Y/M/C/K; latest 8 result).

P-LED-DA
Use it to check the D/A settings of the LED for the path image sensor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Checking the Soiling of the Window
When the window of the light-emitting/receiving segment of the patch image read sensor becomes soiled with stray toner, the machine will not be able to accurately measure the density of the patch image. To avoid the problem, the machine checks the patch image read sensor for soiling. While initial multiple
rotation is under way, the machine measures the light from the surface of the drum without depositing any toner on it (drum background measurement); it will assume that the window is soiled if the measurement is lower than a specific level (COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS>P-SENS-P), thus indicating an error code (E020-0081) and stopping its operation.
Although the machine does not check the ATR sensor for soiling, the sensor is equipped with a shutter to prevent soiling; the shutter opens only when the ATR sensor measures the developer density on the developing cylinder and remains closed at other times.

ATR Control
The machine executes ATR control to keep the density (ratio of toner/carrier) inside the developing unit to a specific level, which otherwise would change over time.
<Particulars of Control>
The machine is not equipped with a means (sensor) of directly measuring the level of toner inside the developing unit.
In its place, the machine forecasts the consumption of toner with reference to video count data to make up for the consumption of toner. The toner supply amount computed from the video count data is corrected at such times as programmed: the machine uses the difference in potential between the primary charging bias and the developing bias to form a patch density on the photosensitive drum.
It reads the density of the patch using the patch image read sensor, and compares the result against the density target value to increase or decrease the toner supply amount.
If the density of the patch image changes because of changes in the developer characteristics, the machine will not be able to keep the density of the developer inside the developing unit to a specific level, which would cause the toner to move astray inside the machine or carrier to stick to the drum.
To prevent such a problem, the machine corrects the density target value at such times as programmed, thereby keeping the density of developer inside the developing unit to a specific level. (In the case of Y, M, or C, the machine uses the density of the developer measured by the ATR sensor; in the case of Bk, on the other and, the machine corrects the density target value based on the reading of the counter designed for the developing unit (Bk; i.e., how may sheets have moved past it).

teckat
10-23-2012, 03:05 PM
your software ver.is fine,
no major change from v45 to v49

imageRUNNER
C3100

System Software v49.02
BootROM v21.04
Language v49.02 (JEFIG)*
RUI v43.03 (JEFIG)*
DC-CON v49.01
R-CON v51.03
HD Format v00.11
G3Fax v56.01
Finisher - P1 v12.02
Finisher - Q1 TO Q4 v11.01
Saddle Finisher - Q2/Q4 v6.01
Puncher Unit - M1 v5.02

Canon.Tech
10-24-2012, 09:06 AM
From you print out we can see your patch sensor is showing 499, when clean it should be aroung 520. If you have already cleaned it then it could be scratched, you will need to replace it.

Also check the drum life, replace the drum if it is over 60

Gerhard
10-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Just to add to the Guys.

If the boss doesnt want to buy new dev units and you can catch the problem before they sieze. You can take put bk swich mode in service mode level 2 I think on. Take out the toner cartridges and run 50-60 PG Type 5 (255 setting). That should detone the devunits back into range. Do the vacume thing and she will be out your hair for a while.

Hope this helps

Regards

:cool:

peteri
04-25-2016, 04:35 PM
where can I find new firmawre for iRC 3170?

teckat
04-25-2016, 04:59 PM
where can I find new firmawre for iRC 3170?

==========================================
tried sending u a PM _ message below pops up

peteri has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.:(

Custom Search