PDA

View Full Version : Print out problem Canon IRC1028i

Custom Search

mark121381
10-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Hello,

Need help on this. Is there someone here encountered this problem.17848 17849 This are the print outs coming from Canon IRC1028i. I did some trials to fix this problem but all are failed, I tried Auto adjust gradation and replacing new Fixing Ass'y but still problem occurred. It is only happened when printing from computer with images or pictures as you seen on my attachment.Any ideas on this, really appreciate your help, thank you in advance.

zoraldinho
10-21-2012, 04:08 PM
1. OEM toner

2.In driver select maximum weight paper.(not enough temperature)

3.Try with different paper.

teckat
10-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Hello,

Need help on this. Is there someone here encountered this problem. This are the print outs coming from Canon IRC1028i. I did some trials to fix this problem but all are failed, I tried Auto adjust gradation and replacing new Fixing Ass'y but still problem occurred. It is only happened when printing from computer with images or pictures as you seen on my attachment.Any ideas on this, really appreciate your help, thank you in advance.

remove and check your fix unit/inspect
looks like u have a fuse temperature issue/ paper type ??
Fixing Sleeve Pressuring/releasing Control
machine controls the pressure between the fixing sleeve and the fixing pressure roller as needed to prevent the fixing failure and the breakdown of fixing assembly--

Check the nip width by following the procedure below if poor fixing image defect occurs.
1) Make an all solid black print of A4 or Letter size using an toner cartridge same as for this machine, and take the print to the customer's site.
2) Place the solid black print, with the printed side facing DOWN, in the cassette of the printer.
3) Press the test print switch.
4) Open the upper cover as soon as the leading edge of the paper appears in the delivery slot. Leave it for ten seconds.
5) Turn OFF the machine and take fixing unit from the machine. Then take the paper out from the fixing unit.
6) Measure the width of the glossy band across the paper and check that it meets the requirements

i believe in your model is same as iRC1030 >
The fixing temperature controls are divided into the following 4 types.
Initial rotation temperature control
CPU firstly turns ON the fixing heater for a specified period at power-ON and then, drives the fixing motor.
In a low temperature status such as at initial operation, the fixing sleeve may get damaged when the paper is fed because the grease inside the fixing sleeve is not
yet smooth enough.
This control is to melt the grease inside the fixing sleeve by heating the fixing heater before the fixing motor drives and to lubricate the sleeve in order to prevent the fixing sleeve from being damaged.
Fixing sub thermistor (TH2) is used to detect the temperature.
Start-up temperature control
CPU heats the fixing heater to the start-up temperature in order to warm the fixing assembly up to the required temperature for fixing.
The start-up temperature varies depending on the elapsed time since previous print completion, paper types, and environments.
Print temperature control
CPU maintains the temperature of the fixing sleeve at its targeted temperature during print operation.
CPU gradually switches the target temperature in one printing process depending on the number of print. The targeted temperature varies depending on the paper
types.
The fixing main thermistor (TH1) is used to detect the temperature.
Between-sheets temperature control
At the continuous printing in low-speed mode, the pressure roller may be overheating between sheets.
CPU reduces the temperature of hexing heater below the normal fixing temperature between sheets. The targeted temperature varies according to the between-sheets
intervals and the paper types.
At continuous printing with the paper width narrower than A4 size (210 mm), the end of fixing sleeve may overheat.
If no paper is detected by the paper displacement sensor (SR714) on the registration roller at paper feed and, in addition, a detected temperature by the fixing sub
thermistor (TH2) exceeds the specified temperature, it is considered that either universal size paper or narrower width paper than A4 size is fed.

try this>>>>>>>>>>>
change FRFS -Temp to "2" the default value is zero. The change can be made in service mode Copier > Adjust > VIFADJ > FRFS.

looks like part stuck to pressure roller
This is a repeated image >>>>>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17850&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1350837481

Rachid.Akli
10-21-2012, 05:48 PM
1. OEM toner

Hello,

I once had the same issue with this model. The machine couldn't fixe that amount of toner (image) in that type of paper. So, as proposed by Zoraldinho, Try to slect a heaviest paper so that the machine increases its fixing time (lower fixing speed) or change the paper that would be able to fixe a higher amount of toner.

Rachid.

mark121381
10-22-2012, 06:55 AM

remove and check your fix unit/inspect
looks like u have a fuse temperature issue/ paper type ??
Fixing Sleeve Pressuring/releasing Control
machine controls the pressure between the fixing sleeve and the fixing pressure roller as needed to prevent the fixing failure and the breakdown of fixing assembly--

Check the nip width by following the procedure below if poor fixing image defect occurs.
1) Make an all solid black print of A4 or Letter size using an toner cartridge same as for this machine, and take the print to the customer's site.
2) Place the solid black print, with the printed side facing DOWN, in the cassette of the printer.
3) Press the test print switch.
4) Open the upper cover as soon as the leading edge of the paper appears in the delivery slot. Leave it for ten seconds.
5) Turn OFF the machine and take fixing unit from the machine. Then take the paper out from the fixing unit.
6) Measure the width of the glossy band across the paper and check that it meets the requirements

i believe in your model is same as iRC1030 >
The fixing temperature controls are divided into the following 4 types.
Initial rotation temperature control
CPU firstly turns ON the fixing heater for a specified period at power-ON and then, drives the fixing motor.
In a low temperature status such as at initial operation, the fixing sleeve may get damaged when the paper is fed because the grease inside the fixing sleeve is not
yet smooth enough.
This control is to melt the grease inside the fixing sleeve by heating the fixing heater before the fixing motor drives and to lubricate the sleeve in order to prevent the fixing sleeve from being damaged.
Start-up temperature control
CPU heats the fixing heater to the start-up temperature in order to warm the fixing assembly up to the required temperature for fixing.
The start-up temperature varies depending on the elapsed time since previous print completion, paper types, and environments.
Print temperature control
CPU maintains the temperature of the fixing sleeve at its targeted temperature during print operation.
CPU gradually switches the target temperature in one printing process depending on the number of print. The targeted temperature varies depending on the paper
types.
Between-sheets temperature control
At the continuous printing in low-speed mode, the pressure roller may be overheating between sheets.
CPU reduces the temperature of hexing heater below the normal fixing temperature between sheets. The targeted temperature varies according to the between-sheets
intervals and the paper types.
At continuous printing with the paper width narrower than A4 size (210 mm), the end of fixing sleeve may overheat.
If no paper is detected by the paper displacement sensor (SR714) on the registration roller at paper feed and, in addition, a detected temperature by the fixing sub
thermistor (TH2) exceeds the specified temperature, it is considered that either universal size paper or narrower width paper than A4 size is fed.

try this>>>>>>>>>>>
change FRFS -Temp to "2" the default value is zero. The change can be made in service mode Copier > Adjust > VIFADJ > FRFS.

looks like part stuck to pressure roller
This is a repeated image >>>>>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17850&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1350837481

Sir Teckat,

Hello Sir, thank you for this info. but Sir I already replaced new Fixing Ass'y , because we also think that Fixing Ass'y was the reason why the image repeated but problem still occurred. Sir I need to try the changing of FRFS -Temp to "2" in service mode. I believe something happened on the settings in service mode. Do you have settings or where i can find default settings list on the service mode. I tried to look inside the machine but I did not find the written settings usually find inside cover. and also Sir What is the best paper type I can recommend to use, usually we use here A4 size which is 80gsm. any advice. thank you again.

mark121381
10-22-2012, 06:58 AM
1. OEM toner

Hello Sir,

(.In driver select maximum weight paper.(not enough temperature) < as you mentioned here, How can I change in the driver for selecting weight paper?

Thank you for your help

zoraldinho
10-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Example

teckat
10-22-2012, 03:28 PM
READ-----
17855:p

Heavy 2 can not be used it cassette
only Stack Bypass=From 32 to 47 lb (121 to 176 g/m2)

there is no service label in the machine, printing in the service mode setting value is not available either.
Hence, adjustment in the market is being performed. Please note that when the value service mode is modified, be sure to record the modified value.
When PCB is replaced or RAM clearing is performed, the adjusted ADJUST and OPTION value will return to default value.

bottom line is > U NEED A MANUAL:o

NIP CHECK (SEE ABOVE)
Replace the fixing unit if the nip width is out of specification, since the nip width of the fixing unit is not adjustable in this machine.

Service Mode
1) Main menu key
2) 2 key
3) 8 key
4) Main menu key

change FRFS -Temp to "2" the default value is zero.
The change can be made in service mode> > Copier > Adjust > VIFADJ > FRFS.

FRFS-TMP Fixing temperature front side setting value
[When used]
The problem cannot be eliminated by performing special printing process and the image is not firmly fixed to the sheet, or a residual image remains in the image.
[Caution] The fixing heater temperature is changed via this mode, and therefore, attentions should be paid when using this mode.
[Adjustment method]
- When an image is not firmly fixed to the sheet, the problem may be eliminated by increasing the setting value.
- When a residual image remains in an image, the problem may be eliminated by decreasing the setting value.
Setting range: -4 to 4 (Unit: Approx. 5 degree C)
[Factory setting value/Value after RAM clearing: 0]

BKFS-TMP Fixing temperature backside setting value
[When used]
The problem cannot be eliminated by performing special printing process and the image is not firmly fixed to the sheet, or a residual image remains
in the image.
[Caution] The fixing heater temperature is changed via this mode, and therefore, attentions should be paid when using this mode.
[Adjustment method]
- When an image is not firmly fixed to the sheet, the problem may be eliminated by increasing the setting value.
- When a residual image remains in an image, the problem may be eliminated by decreasing the setting value.

mark121381
10-23-2012, 06:57 AM
Example

Thank you sir, I will try this one

mark121381
10-23-2012, 02:09 PM
READ-----
17855:p

Heavy 2 can not be used it cassette
only Stack Bypass=From 32 to 47 lb (121 to 176 g/m2)

there is no service label in the machine, printing in the service mode setting value is not available either.
Hence, adjustment in the market is being performed. Please note that when the value service mode is modified, be sure to record the modified value.
When PCB is replaced or RAM clearing is performed, the adjusted ADJUST and OPTION value will return to default value.

bottom line is > U NEED A MANUAL:o

NIP CHECK (SEE ABOVE)
Replace the fixing unit if the nip width is out of specification, since the nip width of the fixing unit is not adjustable in this machine.

Service Mode
1) Main menu key
2) 2 key
3) 8 key
4) Main menu key

change FRFS -Temp to "2" the default value is zero.
The change can be made in service mode> > Copier > Adjust > VIFADJ > FRFS.

[When used]
The problem cannot be eliminated by performing special printing process and the image is not firmly fixed to the sheet, or a residual image remains in the image.
[Adjustment method]

[When used]
The problem cannot be eliminated by performing special printing process and the image is not firmly fixed to the sheet, or a residual image remains
in the image.
[Adjustment method]

Hello Sir Teckat,

This is very helpful to me. I did change FRFS -Temp to "2". Right now we see some changes on print out but sometimes repeated image still occurred. Need some observation on this and trying adjust some value of the settings as you mentioned on adjustment method.

teckat
10-23-2012, 03:10 PM
try this
change COPIER>ADJUST>VIFADJ>FRFS-TMP to a "2" and COPIER>ADJUST>VIFADJ>BKFS-TMP to a "2" in Service Mode.
Then in User Mode go to -
Additional Functions>Adjustment/Cleaning> and perform a Fixing Unit Cleaning.

????

are you using Canon OEM Toner
:cool:

mark121381
01-19-2013, 06:42 AM
try this
change COPIER>ADJUST>VIFADJ>FRFS-TMP to a "2" and COPIER>ADJUST>VIFADJ>BKFS-TMP to a "2" in Service Mode.
Then in User Mode go to -
Additional Functions>Adjustment/Cleaning> and perform a Fixing Unit Cleaning.

????

are you using Canon OEM Toner
:cool:

need to update this thread, still I'm facing this problem. Im using original drum toner which coming from japan. I also change new fixing unit ass'y on this machine but still got this problem. Just want to ask is there any other parts need to replace? I am concluding the parts of video controller board. Do you think there is relation on this parts?

SCREWTAPE
01-19-2013, 07:15 AM
need to update this thread, still I'm facing this problem. Im using original drum toner which coming from japan. I also change new fixing unit ass'y on this machine but still got this problem. Just want to ask is there any other parts need to replace? I am concluding the parts of video controller board. Do you think there is relation on this parts?

Video controller. Unlikely..

This machine is not design for this type of output. This is a desktop printer.
To much saturation. That fixing element isn't made to fused that kind of toner saturation.

Give up.

Get yourself and MFP.

I'm not trying to be rude.

But it is what it is.

teckat
01-19-2013, 03:51 PM
THERE ARE PAPER TYPE SETTINGS UNDER
COPIER > FUNCTION > SPLMAN
You need a full manual to see all adjustments

these 3 pages should help out
READ THIS PDF

u need to try better quality paper for that much color saturation on this small unit

this is not a printing press

go back--look at these settings >
:confused:

change back to > COPIER>ADJUST>VIFADJ>FRFS-TMP to a 1
and COPIER>ADJUST>VIFADJ>BKFS-TMP to a 1
in Service Mode.

Then in User Mode go to Additional Functions>Adjustment/Cleaning> and perform a Fixing Unit Cleaning.

[When used]
[Adjustment method]

[When used]
[Adjustment method]

mark121381
03-04-2013, 02:27 PM
You need a full manual to see all adjustments

these 3 pages should help out
READ THIS PDF

u need to try better quality paper for that much color saturation on this small unit

this is not a printing press

go back--look at these settings >
:confused:

change back to > COPIER>ADJUST>VIFADJ>FRFS-TMP to a 1
and COPIER>ADJUST>VIFADJ>BKFS-TMP to a 1
in Service Mode.

Then in User Mode go to Additional Functions>Adjustment/Cleaning> and perform a Fixing Unit Cleaning.

[When used]
[Adjustment method]

[When used]
[Adjustment method]

Hello Sir teckat,

1. (u need to try better quality paper for that much color saturation on this small unit ) - as you said here, what paper type can you recommend on this type of much color saturation?

2. COPIER>ADJUST>VIFADJ>FRFS-TMP to a 1
and COPIER>ADJUST>VIFADJ>BKFS-TMP to a 1) - I change this both settings into 1, then I see some changes, when we tried to print in 1 set, the images become good but when print goes on the problem occurred again.So I suggest to my customer to do printing every set so that the machine can rest. I believe into your thoughts that this machine is not for that kind of printing press:). They are printing lots of images with that much of color saturation.

3. SPLMAN - I checked it, all settings are 0 as per manual note in the settings.

Thank you for all helpful tips, I learned a lots here.

mark121381
03-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Video controller. Unlikely..

This machine is not design for this type of output. This is a desktop printer.
To much saturation. That fixing element isn't made to fused that kind of toner saturation.

Give up.

Get yourself and MFP.

I'm not trying to be rude.

But it is what it is.

Thank you Screw tape,

Im going to try to change Video Controller first then if the problem still occurred I would suggest my customer to buy a printer that can suits on their needs in terms of much color saturation prints.

teckat
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
28lb paper is good for saturation

there are 17 adjustments under SPLMAN

SPLMAN "0" is the default setting meaning all are are set to OFF
in your case some need to be set on-

see------

- The photosensitive drum consumption is affected by the drum rotation time.
At monochrome printing of plain paper or transparency, the photosensitive drums of Y, M, and C are disengaged from the ETB so that they do not rotate. In this condition, the sheet is attracted to the ETB by an attraction bias and fed to the black color photosensitive drum.
However, when feeding thick paper and envelopes, the photosensitive drums of Y, M, and C are engaged with the ETB because the absorption power by the attraction bias is weak for such media.
- This control is executed every time the printing mode is switched. When mixed printing of color and monochrome is performed, the print speed is reduced due to engagement/disengagement of the transfer roller.

In the machine, the transfer roller is engaged with or disengaged from the photosensitive drum via the ETB to reduce the color photosensitive drum consumption at monochrome printing.

The transfer roller engagement/disengagement control is executed at the following timing.
- Multiple initial rotations at power-on
- Multiple initial rotations at door closing
- Image stabilization control
- Printing operation
The status of engagement/disengagement during printing operation differs depending on the printing mode (monochrome or color mode).
This control works with the developing cylinder engagement/disengagement operation.

Service mode:
To prevent reduction of the print speed at mixed printing of color and monochrome, set the transfer roller to color mode (in which all color transfer rollers are engaged with the photosensitive drum).

COPIER> FUNCTION> SPLMAN> SPL53649
**However, when this setting is made, the color photosensitive drum is consumed even at the time of monochrome printing.

Custom Search