PDA

View Full Version : KM C6500 Jam Wont Clear

Custom Search

randall
10-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone here has an answer for me.
Dealing with a bizhub c6500 customer owned (purchased used themselves), unit did not have a bypass feed clutch, so i bought and installed one and I did the 200k pm on the machine Drums, dev, ITB, lower fuser roll, ran all adjustments --Everything A OK, running beautifully. except k drum had nick in it, so replaced reran appropriate adjustments all ok. customer starts running job the next day 12 x 18 2 sided 100# gloss text. ran for 4 hrs then begins jamming, J-1501, 1701, 9351, 5101. and always one piece stuck at duplex entrance until the last code which was when the job completed. According to the customer jams wouldn't clear machine wouldn't reset. so she would shutdown/cycle power and continue printing. I go back out, machine in jammed state with 9351, so I opened it up cleaned all of the sensors with air/alcohol-machine resets runs job no problem, I leave....get a call at the end of the day its jammed and wont clear...I go out 5101 it wouldn't clear. Machine begins reset, fuser turns begins to heat but the exit and the decurl roller doesn't turn jam screen doesn't clear or reset stops still jammed. I took a Conveyance Drive board and swapped it out figuring something would change.....No Dice. Swapped the door switch, too no dice. Checked I/O and no sensors show paper all 000 on I/O check.

I am at a loss any ideas?

randall
10-26-2012, 11:47 PM
ok well since there were no replys/help, BTW this stumped tech support too (had me checkin power). I went back to location and started at square one again.

this is what I discovered,

Note to self: 12 to 13 hour days are too long and you miss simple stuff at the end of the day....

so simple is
ps61 did show high when tray was closed, but when pulled out it didnt. Although the state changed high to low and back again triggering with finger.

so looked up under where the sensor pointed and realized this thing points at a black roller (roller/3) as a surface read sensor, not through a hole like all of the others. In this unit there was a severe build up of paper residue and glazing on the rollers surface making it white. So I cleaned the roller with De-ink(great stuff) and returned it to its original black color. Wa-la jam cleared... job ran customer smilin!:D and yes i did order a replacement roller.

hope this helps someone else

ZOOTECH
10-27-2012, 12:00 AM
ok well since there were no replys/help, BTW this stumped tech support too (had me checkin power). I went back to location and started at square one again.

this is what I discovered,

Note to self: 12 to 13 hour days are too long and you miss simple stuff at the end of the day....

so simple is
ps61 did show high when tray was closed, but when pulled out it didnt. Although the state changed high to low and back again triggering with finger.

so looked up under where the sensor pointed and realized this thing points at a black roller (roller/3) as a surface read sensor, not through a hole like all of the others. In this unit there was a severe build up of paper residue and glazing on the rollers surface making it white. So I cleaned the roller with De-ink(great stuff) and returned it to its original black color. Wa-la jam cleared... job ran customer smilin!:D and yes i did order a replacement roller.

hope this helps someone else
Sweet, tks for the info.

Custom Search