PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on Bizhub 223,283,363,423

Custom Search

Kidaver
10-26-2012, 10:41 PM
There is a thread or two I've done in the past about a j66-02 from the DF on these from a customer that does a lot of high volume scanning. One issue was the Job Reset setting for one thing, but after I changed that it would feed a packet and then act like it's wanting to pull an extra paper thru and jam up. It took a few weeks for me to actually get the machine to do it while I was there. I replaced several sensors in the machine, the flag lever, and released the tension to the reading motor to no avail and finally got on the phone with tech support. I tried everything they would have suggested and they said they had a handful of customers with this same issue. One had even swapped out the ADF to no avail. So they have us testing something. When scanning large packets it seems with the speed the sensors are getting a false signal. They had me and the others raise the resolution to 600x600 dpi up from 300x300 to slow down the scan speed to see if this works. So if you are having a similar issue with customers on this doing a lot of scanning this might be something to try. Other than that I have a dozen of these machines out there with no major issues at all.

blackcat4866
10-27-2012, 01:35 AM
I've got a customer that will start major scanning jobs on C360's and 423's. They're blocking SMB across the network, so that's out. We've set up User Boxes, and enabled scan to external memory (USB). It's handling huge files just fine (so far).

Interesting! Keep us informed. =^..^=

Custom Search