PDA

View Full Version : Jamming OKI Microline 4410 creasing paper and jamming

Custom Search

mrwho
10-29-2012, 08:19 PM
I really don't know what else to do with this one. Adjusted the head gap, cleared all the transport rollers, lubricated the driving gears, checked and cleaned the paper jam sensor and actuator, but the beast keeps doing this.

Any hints of things I should try?

Thanks.

JustManuals
10-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Check your FB messages, I just sent you a link to the Parts & Service manual.

Paul

Eric1968
10-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Had the same a few months ago. The transport rollers after the printhead were full with paper dust. After i removed it paper transport was OK.

mrwho
10-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Thank you both for your replies.

Found out the small transparent plastic in front of the printhead has a small metal bracket with a whole (through which the head writes) and that metal bracket is eaten through use and has a lifted corner where the paper sometimes gets stuck.

I don't know how much sense I'm making, but nevertheless the machine will need a new carriage, since that transparent part is not available separately.

Thanks!

KJEpps
11-12-2012, 04:52 PM
It sounds like you're talking about the ribbon shield and the thin sheet of metal attached to it very commonly tears or curls up. That part is available WITHOUT having to replace the whole carriage. P/N is 40502901. Oki calls it a Ribbon Protector.

HTH

Thank you both for your replies.

Found out the small transparent plastic in front of the printhead has a small metal bracket with a whole (through which the head writes) and that metal bracket is eaten through use and has a lifted corner where the paper sometimes gets stuck.

I don't know how much sense I'm making, but nevertheless the machine will need a new carriage, since that transparent part is not available separately.

Thanks!

Custom Search