PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Aficio C2500 keep jamming paper

Custom Search

lgbit
11-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Printer had SC561 error. I opened fuser, dismount both thermistors, check them with Fluke. Both works (changing Ohm values with temp change). Cleaned little metal plate which touching on pressure roller. Put everything back, reset it in service mode (5810-001), error cleared and machine is working.
But now it's jamming paper in two positions:
1) at entrance of fuser - just fold it on half.
2) if I additionally push Right door and keep it pressed while paper is on route, then it actually pass fuser, but it's crumpled.

what can be the reason?

See pictures

sharpmind
11-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Printer had SC561 error. I opened fuser, dismount both thermistors, check them with Fluke. Both works (changing Ohm values with temp change). Cleaned little metal plate which touching on pressure roller. Put everything back, reset it in service mode (5810-001), error cleared and machine is working.
But now it's jamming paper in two positions:
1) at entrance of fuser - just fold it on half.
2) if I additionally push Right door and keep it pressed while paper is on route, then it actually pass fuser, but it's crumpled.

what can be the reason?

See pictures

Make sure the bushings/ball bearings are properly seated. Check if the pressure arm release levers are in place.

JustManuals
11-07-2012, 07:12 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

ruben
11-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Make sure you check all bearings and bushings in the fuser (and possibly paper exit, just in case) and check if the LFR bowed (sometimes a cause of creasing).

lgbit
11-08-2012, 06:33 AM
Thanks for replies. I've check3ed all gears, bearings, rollers.. everything seems fine.
My concern is that fuser rollers have slower speed of rotating then other feeding component. May this be a case?

BLADE
11-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks for replies. I've check3ed all gears, bearings, rollers.. everything seems fine.
My concern is that fuser rollers have slower speed of rotating then other feeding component. May this be a case?

could be if the pressure roller has lost pressure, look for a broken lever arm. Edit - thinking of different model, probably no arms on yours. Edit again- probably does have arms (f*#ked if I know)

leo34staffs
11-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Has the fuser been rebuilt recently? Check that the one way bearing is on the correct way around, the fuser works for a while then starts to fail as the pressure between the hot roller belt and the pressure roller decreases.

CableGuy
11-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Is this single or duplex?

lgbit
11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
It has arms. :) but none are broken. Also all bearings seems fine and in place.
CableGuy: it's duplex unit.

How to force it in self-calibration? Is there such a option?

CableGuy
11-09-2012, 02:00 PM
So first side is fine, it's jamming into the duplex unit? That's what it looks like in the last picture. What is the jam code on the screen or in the logging data? I think the paper under the fuser is a red herring.....erm misleading you lol. Look at the jam code and let us know

Eric1968
11-09-2012, 04:06 PM
You can also try to adjust the Entrance Plate of the Fusing Unit. Moisture in the paper can also be a cause.

lgbit
11-10-2012, 01:18 PM
I changed the fuser and that's it. It's working now.

I ordered fuser for 220V as supplier couldn't find 110V immediately. This was very urgent to me and was forced to find solution.
I swapped heaters, thermostats and housing between old and new one and everything is working properly now.
Thanks everybody for help.

BLADE
11-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Has the fuser been rebuilt recently? Check that the one way bearing is on the correct way around, the fuser works for a while then starts to fail as the pressure between the hot roller belt and the pressure roller decreases.

Dang!! seen this today

Custom Search