PDA

View Full Version : Printing on linux on Ricoh Mpc3002

Custom Search

Gesttech
11-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi All

PLS Where can i download Printer driver for linux.
i have a client that uses linux and want to print on Ricoh Mpc3002.
What to do? what site PLS.

Thanks...........:o

rthonpm
11-07-2012, 03:06 PM
What Linux distro are they using? Does the machine have PostScript installed?

ruben
11-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Have you tried:
Printer Driver List | OpenPrinting - The Linux Foundation (http://www.openprinting.org/drivers)

You can try the PS Ricoh driver, if you have PostScript installed, or gutenprint may work (have not tried myself). A generic universal print driver would be my last option, some functionality may be missing though.

sandmanmac
11-07-2012, 09:47 PM
I just did a C2500 -no problem....
I am by no means a Linux expert (i'm no expert at all really..)
This was for an "Ubuntu" version -I'm not sure if that makes any differece or not:
Go to "add printer"
"network printer"
System should find the printer on the network in a few seconds.
select it and click "forward"
select your options
then "apply".

It automatically chooses the "P/S" driver by default, so if P/s is not installed, go back into the printer properties the same as you would in a 'windows' environment, and under "make and model", select "change", then check "select printer from database", wait for the system to find drivers, select "Ricoh, click "forward" and choose your model and select the "PXL" instead of "PS" language. I doubt the "C3002" is available yet, but the "C3001" should work just fine.
I also then had to go back to the printer properties and under the "printer options" change the default papoer size from "A4" to "letter".

Hope it helps

zames77
11-07-2012, 10:24 PM
As Sandmanmac says, just add the printer under network printer, and CUPS (common UNIX printing system) will take care of things.

Custom Search