PDA

View Full Version : MPC4500 touchscreen not working(touchscreen good)

Custom Search

Old Crow
11-08-2012, 02:09 AM
I know about the touchscreen problem. tried a new one(installed proper side down). replaced whole ocp with one from working machine. screen responds but need to push hard and does not give you what you want. tried the calibration and it helps but very temporary.
read in Goose's guide to try clearing the NVRAM or replacing it. has anyone encountered this or changed the NVRAM to fix? can i take NVRAM chip from the working machine and put in? if so do i need to change control board, serial number in sp mode? thanks in advance.

Tonerbomb
11-08-2012, 02:59 AM
I know about the touchscreen problem. tried a new one(installed proper side down). replaced whole ocp with one from working machine. screen responds but need to push hard and does not give you what you want. tried the calibration and it helps but very temporary.
read in Goose's guide to try clearing the NVRAM or replacing it. has anyone encountered this or changed the NVRAM to fix? can i take NVRAM chip from the working machine and put in? if so do i need to change control board, serial number in sp mode? thanks in advance.

OC never had to do nvram clear to fix this issue. Usually a new touch screen and cal fixes this. If you want to clear NVram, back it up to the sd card first, and make sure you have the birth certificate or the non default data list before hand so you can reenter the values. the nvram settings do vary from machine to machine. PM me for how to on the serial #.

Custom Search