PDA

View Full Version : MP4500 Toner is Bleeding over Feed Roller - Need Solution?

Custom Search

dukeofiris
11-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Cyan Toner has started to bleed and build up on roller and then it streaks on both sides of page.

What is the solution for this? New Drum?

Only the CYAN toner is doing this and it is concentrated on one side of the feed roller. Thw Rubber roller is the one under the fuser but located on the assembly which opens out.

I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

Eric1968
11-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Pull out the Cyan PCU and check it out. Could also be a bad Transfer Belt Cleaning Unit.

TonerMunkeh
11-08-2012, 04:33 PM
It's a paper transfer roller, not a feed roller. As Eric said, the cyan PCU has probably failed and requires replacement.

SargeNZ
11-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Also check the condition of the dev unit itself, they often do double their service life but when they start to get old they can drop a lot of toner.

gaudin
11-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I know the "problem", but i never had quality issures because of that. Seems not a real problem for me.

Llama God
11-08-2012, 11:10 PM
If it's only cyan, change the cyan dev unit and PCU then take the rest of the day off. Here are a few things that you could do:

1. Have a stroll along the beach.

2. Visit a zoo.

3. Drink a gallon of Tanqueray and tonic in Weatherspoons for £30.00 and avail yourself of their free wi-fi.

4. Paint a room at home or in your local church.

5. Write a biting letter to the council about overzealous traffic wardens in the region. This could be coupled with number 3.

Custom Search