PDA

View Full Version : Can't Scan to Folder Aficio MP C2500

Custom Search

aquaflamz
11-09-2012, 10:33 AM
For the life of me, I cannot get this going! I am an experienced PC tech and have set up stuff like this in the past with a savin, canon, ...ect. First of all, let me say what I have done already.... On a windows 7 Home Premium 64bit machine, I have set the windows firewall setting exactly as defined by the Ricoh site for a windows 7 OS. Still can't scan. System has Norton AV installed (Not Internet Security) I completely disabled all monitors of norton, and even disabled the windows firewall at the same time. Still won't work.

I have seen other mentions of updating the firmware on this site, and that can sometimes fix issues. The problem is, I have never done a firmware update on a machine like this. Also, it seems like its extremely hard to get ahold of. I see people say on this forum, "I updated the firmware" but exactly how do you go about doing that?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!

Thank You!

Max
11-09-2012, 10:51 AM
You must have access to Ricoh technical site to be able to download f/w. The upgrade is done via sd card as explained in service manual which you can d/l from Ricoh technical website. If all fails fill out all the fields like domain name workgroup dns,win servers.(through a web browser) Select scanner and browse the network from the copier screen to a folder you want to scan to then save it. If you cant get passed a certain step then you will know where the problem is.Or try scanning to a laptop via cross over cable.

ccchuah
11-09-2012, 12:39 PM
In order for the aficio MPC 2500 , scan to folder to work with window 7 , the firmware version for Network control system must be at least 5.12.

sandmanmac
11-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Agree with the others. You're not going to get it going without firmware update.
Set it up for FTP instead. It works without a hitch, and isn't dependent on any firmware version.
Otherwise, there's always Scan to email.

aquaflamz
11-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Agree with the others. You're not going to get it going without firmware update.
Set it up for FTP instead. It works without a hitch, and isn't dependent on any firmware version.
Otherwise, there's always Scan to email.

I will set it up for ftp. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Ollie1981
11-09-2012, 07:21 PM
What error message are you getting on the Ricoh btw, is it "Cannot find specified path" or "Authentication Failed"?

KenB
11-09-2012, 07:26 PM
What error message are you getting on the Ricoh btw, is it "Cannot find specified path" or "Authentication Failed"?

The message "Needs new firmware" should be coming up on this model for this problem.

M0scb
11-10-2012, 04:57 PM
The message "Needs new firmware" should be coming up on this model for this problem.

I have been working on Ricoh machines for years and have never seen "Needs new firmware" come up for any model or scanning issue. It ususally works or dosen't. Would you be kind enough to elaborate, depending on how long ago it was you had the issue.

sandmanmac
11-10-2012, 05:21 PM
I have been working on Ricoh machines for years and have never seen "Needs new firmware" come up for any model or scanning issue. It ususally works or dosen't. Would you be kind enough to elaborate, depending on how long ago it was you had the issue.
Haha....I'm pretty sure that was meant as sarcasm, since it's been covered on this site so many times.

M0scb
11-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Haha....I'm pretty sure that was meant as sarcasm, since it's been covered on this site so many times. It was, I aws curious to see what you would come back with.http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.png

KenB
11-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Haha....I'm pretty sure that was meant as sarcasm, since it's been covered on this site so many times.

That, Sir, would be 100% correct! :D

Perhaps, in honor of Zaza, ""Needs New Frimware" would be more appropriate. :p

Llama God
11-11-2012, 11:18 PM
I have been working on Ricoh machines for years.

Yet you still can't set up scan-to-folder?

Good luck with Windows 8.

selvan
02-02-2015, 11:39 AM
It was, I aws curious to see what you would come back with.http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.png
hi gys,
please be inform that windows 7 and ricoh mpc2500 will work fine if you create user account with password only.
try to create user account "ricoh" and password "ricoh@123" assign as administrator.
share the folder with user "ricoh" read and write access and in security tab add "ricoh" full access

best of luck gy.
selvan@emms.com.my

sandmanmac
02-02-2015, 08:06 PM
hi gys,
please be inform that windows 7 and ricoh mpc2500 will work fine if you create user account with password only.
try to create user account "ricoh" and password "ricoh@123" assign as administrator.
share the folder with user "ricoh" read and write access and in security tab add "ricoh" full access

best of luck gy.
selvan@emms.com.my

As stated over and over in the thread, the issue is resolved ONLY if the machine has the proper firmware.
But the year 2012 'thanks' you just the same. :p

slimslob
02-03-2015, 04:31 AM
hi gys,

best of luck gy.
selvan@emms.com.my

Be advised, since is shown as your first post, that we are very well aware of the password requirement introduced with the version of SMB used with Windows 7. It is also quite well known that the MP C2500 was first manufactured before Windows 7 was first released, you need to have the proper version of firmware in order to support the other requirements of SMB as implemented on Windows 7.

Custom Search