PDA

View Full Version : sc722-44

Custom Search

Ikon Princess
11-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I am working on a mp4002 that is getting a sc722-44. I do have a manual and it says that it is something with the stapler. The customer put the wrong staples in it so I replaced the staple cartridge with one I had in my car from a Canon (they looked identical) and it worked fine for me. Two weeks later they get a message to replace the staples again. The customer removed the staple cartridge looked at it saw that there were staples in it and then put it back. They then got the message that there was a jam in the finisher, they opend the door looking for a jam, couldn't find one, closed the door then they got the code. I checked the home position sensor and all connections then powered it back on and the code was gone. Three days later and the code is back. Anybody ever have this before? Is the staple cartridge Ricoh compatible? I am not sure how big the staple job is either, just wanted some theories before I go back.
Thanks- Princess

Eric1968
11-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Got the same problem about a year ago. Replaced the whole Staple Unit (pretty expensive) and never saw this SC again. You can use staple cartridges from different manufacturers in these finishers. I've used a Xerox cartridge in a Ricoh Finisher.

Refat09
11-13-2012, 12:21 PM
I also think so, better you change the whole Staple Unit. Though it's bit expensive but I'm sure you don't want any stress.

NeoMatrix
11-13-2012, 10:16 PM
I sometimes instruct my customers to get down on their hands and knees and view inside the finisher staple unit itself.
If you look hard you can sometimes find spent staples jammed in the power-head of the stapler unit itself. But you must get down and look up into the unit and have a real good look. Most people just drop the staple carriage unit out and believe a quick visible inspection proves that all is ok, not so...

Also, remove the current layer of staples from the staple carriage unit. Sometimes the glue that holds the layer of staples can stop the layer of staples from feeding out of the carriage unit. The dry glue particles can become clogged in the staple carriage unit.

CableGuy
11-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi
What finisher is this? I find taking the staple unit out and inspecting it can be of use. I've had customers destroy these things and manage to rebuild them.

Custom Search