PDA

View Full Version : MP301 - how to turn off fax printing?

Custom Search

ScottK
11-12-2012, 02:41 PM
We've always done this on the Ricoh/Savin devices by setting Switch 11/Bit 6 to 0. On these new MP301's this bit is set to 0 by default and I can't seem to find a reference to turning fax printing off in the user manual.

Any ideas?

Eric1968
11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
I believe you can do this in User Tools in the Fax Forwarding section.

Choro1dal
11-12-2012, 04:42 PM
To save incoming faxes to the HDD.
User Tools>Facsimilie Features>Reception Settings>Reception File Setting>Store.
If you press [Notify Destination] and select a saved recipient, the device will send a notification e-mail to them each time a fax is received. (Assuming that Scan to E-mail is set up.)

To forward incoming faxes to a destination already created in the MFDs address book.
User Tools>Facsimilie Features>Reception Settings>Forwarding>On

Changing the user parameters (canceling paper output)
User Tools>Facsimilie Features>Initial Settings>Parameter Settings>Switch 11>Set Bit 6 to 0.

ScottK
11-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Changing the user parameters (canceling paper output)
User Tools>Facsimilie Features>Initial Settings>Parameter Settings>Switch 11>Set Bit 6 to 0.
Like I said, that is the setting that we've always used with all of the models up until this one. For this model, Switch 11/Bit 6 is set to 0 by default. This leads me to believe that Switch 11/Bit 6 no longer controls the fax printing setting, since it obviously can't be turned off by default. After going through the MP301 manual I can not find a reference to turning off fax printing, nor a reference to Switch 11/Bit 6.

ScottK
11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
I believe you can do this in User Tools in the Fax Forwarding section.
Thanks. Looks like in the window where you turn the forwarding on, you can page down to see more options, one of which is turning printing off.

Custom Search