PDA

View Full Version : MPC-3502 sc554-00(holy sh..!)

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zeldaman
11-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi there!18159
Found this fuser on a brand new machine with sc-554-00. Take another fuser out of a showroom-device & installed it. Guess what? The sc-code didnīt disapear! After some really nice changing of PWBīs it was the tiny, little BICU-Board & the Eprom. Have to change the serial number, then it was OK. Who, for Godīs sake is constructing such a crap of a fuser????:mad:
Greetings...

SargeNZ
11-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Did you try SP 5-810 to clear the SC code before swapping boards around? If it was a failure out of the box it should be worth chasing warrantee.

Eric1968
11-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Did you try SP 5-810 to clear the SC code before swapping boards around? If it was a failure out of the box it should be worth chasing warrantee.

x2

Resetting a Fusing Unit error by changing the BICU and NVRAM... That's also a way to solve it....

Llama God
11-12-2012, 10:18 PM
You need to order the complete fuser unit as a spare part. These units have a fuse in that blow and enable the second option in SP5810.

Alternatively, replace the Eeprom (NVRAM) and repair the fuser. Then, once this is working, back up the NVRAM data (this can be used to restore a "good" copy of the NVRAM data later.)

The best advice I can give is to back up the NVRAM data on all of your MP/MPc**02 machines and the MPc305.

I feel your pain, I've been through this shitstorm.

Zeldaman
11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Hi there!
Of course i used the sp-5810 to reset it, but their was no way to reset it. Only after changing the BCU & eprom (it was blown by the fuser) the engine was running again. With the "old" eprom the message sc-554-00 instantly apeard! Iīm not swapping around boards for fun. Never change a running system!
Greetings...

Llama God
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi there!
Of course i used the sp-5810 to reset it, but their was no way to reset it. Only after changing the BCU & eprom (it was blown by the fuser) the engine was running again. With the "old" eprom the message sc-554-00 instantly apeard! Iīm not swapping around boards for fun. Never change a running system!
Greetings...

The error is stored on the EPROM, hence it reappearing. You don't have to replace the BICU, this confuses me.

TonerMunkeh
11-13-2012, 04:46 PM
We've been instructed to take backups of all MPC4502/5502 NVram's at install. Apparently then the fix is to replace the fuser and reload the good NVram data.

Llama God
11-13-2012, 04:52 PM
We've been instructed to take backups of all MPC4502/5502 NVram's at install. Apparently then the fix is to replace the fuser and reload the good NVram data.

That's what I said earlier on, the BICU thing is what I'm confused about.

How's it going, sugar tits?

TonerMunkeh
11-13-2012, 04:59 PM
One sentence basically describes it - same shit, different day. Hope the situation's improved at your place anyway.

Llama God
11-13-2012, 05:03 PM
One sentence basically describes it - same shit, different day. Hope the situation's improved at your place anyway.

Nope.

Sweden_GBG
11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
So far I love the -02 model, no particular problems at all, (if we exclude some minor problematic things). One problem we have, is that the fix made a lot of noise (about 150.000 copys). I found out that one of the two hotrollers didnīt move properly. i did not find a solutíon for this, so I replaced it with a new fuser.

Anyway, what I understand of this thread is that if youīve got SC554-00, you need to replace it with a new fuser (not an old one that has been used). The other option is to change Eprom and replace the fuser with an old (working) fuser and then upload your pre-saved Nvram - correct?

If this is true, may we make a copy of all Nvram on every -02 and 305 machine?

If anyone knows which data that is on the Eprom, HDD, and Nvram I would be thankful if you could tell me. We in Ricoh Sweden have tried to get this info, but no one has been able to give it to us.
The Nvram contains counter/register, and the Eprom contains the value of PCU, Dev - correct? Finally; the HDD contains the user info?
This is my guess, at least.

Please let me know if Iam wrong., and thanks in advance!

Llama God
11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Anyway, what I understand of this thread is that if youīve got SC554-00, you need to replace it with a new fuser (not an old one that has been used). The other option is to change Eprom and replace the fuser with an old (working) fuser and then upload your pre-saved Nvram - correct?

If this is true, may we make a copy of all Nvram on every -02 and 305 machine?

This is exactly what you should do, you're right.

Llama God
11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
These are the documents you need:

Sweden_GBG
11-13-2012, 08:47 PM
This is exactly what you should do, you're right.

Or found a way to make a new fuse to the old fuser? (blows when first start up).

Llama God
11-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Well yes, you can try.

You can get the spare parts as you can with previous fusers, so that would be the way forward as long as you have the NVRAM data.

Oze
11-14-2012, 05:40 AM
The slightly confusing thing is that Ricoh refer to the Eprom on the BICU as Nvram one minute...and Eprom the next.
Once you've had an issue on the 3002/3502 relating to a fuser issue you work out that the issue is with the Eprom.
We had a fuser code that a tech tried to clear which resulted in a blown Eprom and we went down the serial number mismatch road til we replaced the Eprom and blew away 90% of the user settings....a bitch to be sure.

Sweden_GBG
11-14-2012, 06:29 AM
Omg. a copy of the Nvram sound good. Hate the Eprom, why canīt ricoh put Eprom info on the HDD or something too, so there where an extra backup.

DH1980
11-14-2012, 12:43 PM
These are the documents you need:

Can the NVRAM data be copied from the SD card to laptop HDD or are you putting all NVRAMs on to one SD card?

Gift
11-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Hey there,

did anyone find that fuse that is supposed to reset this error? We hab this issue once and didn't find any trace of a fuse in the original fuser and replacement unit. I know in the printer models the fuse is very easy to find but it seems to be more tricky with the new design.

Zeldaman
11-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi there!
Sounds funny, but after changing the eprom on the BCU, only the serialnumber had to be changed. All other data were OK.
If you carefully look in the big, blue connector of thu fuser of a new machine, youīll see a wire-bridge. I asume that on a new ordered fuser-unit thatīs the place of the blow-up-fuse.
Greetings...

Bantams
11-14-2012, 04:06 PM
The Eprom on the BICU only contains the machines Sn the NVRAM on the Controller holds the Important Stuff.

Who said you had to copy the Nvram data Ricoh?

There probably a way round replacing the fuse just by resetting the PM counter of the Fuser since thats all a new Fuser Fuse does anyway.

df3036
11-15-2012, 04:02 AM
From what I have read on the TSC forum from someone is that the original fuser does not have the fuse installed. When you order a new fuser it does. To reset the error, take an old thermistor (aw10 0052) I believe and cut the sensor end off. Plug it into the connector in the fuser cavity and hang out of the machine. Install the fuser and short the wires together. Go into sp 5810-2 and hit execute and open the wires and voila... This was posted on the 5502 but should be the same. I have not had to test it yet but have some remote customers and have been looking into the issue. You can also install a pico fuse if you wish. I am thinking a nice push switch and keeping in tool kit.

Dave

Sweden_GBG
11-15-2012, 07:17 AM
The Eprom on the BICU only contains the machines Sn the NVRAM on the Controller holds the Important Stuff.

Who said you had to copy the Nvram data Ricoh?

There probably a way round replacing the fuse just by resetting the PM counter of the Fuser since thats all a new Fuser Fuse does anyway.

Hmm, so that is what the Eprom does =) (the holder of SN)

Old Guard
11-15-2012, 01:04 PM
The EEPROM (NVRAM) on the BICU contains a lot more than you suggest. The serial number repeat for the BICU, machine settings + adjustment and this SC CODE condition are also registered in the file. If you want to try to use an NVRAM back-up/restore to reset the this overheat SC code this must be taken from that exact specific machine before the fault occurred. You cannot use an NVRAM back-up from another non faulty machine even if you try to rename the file, not only are the adjusment values different but there are unpublished differences within the file that will identify the specific serial number and the restore will fail. You cannot reset these overheat codes by resetting any counters.

Bantams
11-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Dont confuse the EPROM on the Bicu with the NVRAM on the Controller they are differant Chips all toghether I Know this from replacing a BICU with one from another machine and getting a SC code due to the Serial Number on the BICUs EPROM didnt match the Serial Number stored in the NVRAM.

Just think back to what the words ROM and RAM are:rolleyes:

Old Guard
11-15-2012, 04:59 PM
There is no confusion at all I was just trying to put it in terms that may be help you understand just what you are quoting. The serial number is resident on both the Controller NVRAM and the BICU EEPROM with a third entry for NOVITA. If any of these three entries do not match you will get one of the variations of SC 995.

kannuki2
11-22-2012, 03:55 AM
Here's the bulletin . ..... [18303

Moza
01-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Has anyone tried NV Ram clear ? does that clear the SC code after a fuser repair ? I know you would loose all data and spend the rest of the day putting everything back in again but if you hadn't backed it up before it left you would need to do that anyway !!

zed255
01-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Apparently the fuse, described as 'New Unit Detect Sensor' has been issued as a service part, M026-4371. This is used in conjunction with SP5-810-2 to reset these types of fuser issues. Would be a wise idea to also carry spare belt units for these series, D042-4081 and D044-4081.

banginbishop
01-16-2013, 05:41 PM
ok, i had this the other day and as the fusers are on back order it was fixed by other means ;) oh and safely so no bodge fix either. I cant publish on the forum but untill there is a proper soloution from ricoh its a viable soloution which were doing once the warranty period is over.

semi
01-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Not on b/o for me ,replaced 3502 fuser yesterday,updated all the firmware first,checked all the connectors as per the rtb,replaced fuser & reset sc code,job done:D

jnewlon
02-01-2013, 08:27 PM
ok, i had this the other day and as the fusers are on back order it was fixed by other means ;) oh and safely so no bodge fix either. I cant publish on the forum but untill there is a proper soloution from ricoh its a viable soloution which were doing once the warranty period is over.

How can I find out what other means of fixing this code is?

kannuki2
02-01-2013, 11:02 PM
you have to buy a brand new fuser from Ricoh and use SP5810 to reset the code. I don't know if anyone know the backdoor of resetting this sc without a brand new fuser... then share your idea.

df3036
02-01-2013, 11:28 PM
you have to buy a brand new fuser from Ricoh and use SP5810 to reset the code. I don't know if anyone know the backdoor of resetting this sc without a brand new fuser... then share your idea.

If you look back in the thread, you can reset with a thermistor wire mod, use your own pico fuse or order the fuses from Ricoh. $5 each and available...

jnewlon
02-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Apparently the fuse, described as 'New Unit Detect Sensor' has been issued as a service part, M026-4371. This is used in conjunction with SP5-810-2 to reset these types of fuser issues. Would be a wise idea to also carry spare belt units for these series, D042-4081 and D044-4081.
I have found the part. they want $44.00 plus shipping. Once I get the fuse, what is the procedure for installing and clearing counter. I do have a service manual but I am sure that was written before this fuse became available.

Cipher
02-14-2013, 10:05 PM
From what I have read on the TSC forum from someone is that the original fuser does not have the fuse installed. When you order a new fuser it does. To reset the error, take an old thermistor (aw10 0052) I believe and cut the sensor end off. Plug it into the connector in the fuser cavity and hang out of the machine. Install the fuser and short the wires together. Go into sp 5810-2 and hit execute and open the wires and voila... This was posted on the 5502 but should be the same. I have not had to test it yet but have some remote customers and have been looking into the issue. You can also install a pico fuse if you wish. I am thinking a nice push switch and keeping in tool kit.

Dave

I've not tested this yet.

I only come across this issue for the first time today (SC564). :mad::rolleyes:

So the assumption is Ricoh are only using a low amp quick blow fuse on a new fuser unit so you can only do the SP5810-002 reset once per new unit. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The push switch idea where you can make and break the circuit as many times as you like sounds neat. :D:p:cool:

But....

Does anyone know for certain if you actually have to ' break ' the new unit detection circuit before SP 5810-002 will successfully execute?
A constant circuit via a small loop would be a far easier work around if it didn't.

zames77
02-14-2013, 10:29 PM
I've got my push switch ready to go, just waiting for the chance to use it. Is there a set time to release the switch or is it just a case of executing the SP and then release the switch?

SargeNZ
02-15-2013, 02:16 AM
If you are fitting the ricoh part fuse to a refurbished or repaired fuser, the machine will think the fuser is a brand new one. Insert fuser, 5810, done.

I would emulate the fuse with the push switch thus: close switch, insert fuser. 5810, open switch, done. From the reading I have done, you will not be able to execute 5810 until the machine thinks a new fuser is there (closed switch).

Blase a trail zames!

BLADE
02-15-2013, 05:14 AM
Blaze something. would the fuses attached to previous model printer kit units do the job

Cipher
02-15-2013, 01:52 PM
I can confirm the push switch mod works fine.

1. Fit the fuser, closed the side door and power on.
2. Enter SP mode and goto SP5810-002.
3. Before you tap execute push and hold the switch in.
4. Tap execute, now instead of a instant failed message there will an slight pause, this is when you let the push switch out to simulate the fuse blow.

The PM counter for the fusing unit automatically resets when an new fusing unit is detected.

Additional notes

The machine does not appear to check the new fuser circuit until you tap on execute (SP 5810-002).

The 2 pin connector is present but empty on the original fuser that comes with the machine.

I'm still not sure at this time if the machine is actually waiting / checking for the break in the circuit before successfully executing.
Even if it does not require the break in the circuit to work I'm not sure if damage would not occur with a permanently connected loop.

df3036
02-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Here is the Fuse...19502

BLADE
02-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Here is the Fuse...19502

thanks for that, looks like a printer unit fuse

jnewlon
02-19-2013, 07:58 PM
thanks for that, looks like a printer unit fuse
That is the same fuse that I have. Where do I plug this in. I am assuming on fuser somewhere. I have no idea if the fuser is an older or newer one. I have to drive 1 hour to get to customer.

df3036
02-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Take the fuser cover off and it is on the side as the thermofuses. If the fuser is the original then there will not be an existing fuse. If it has already been replaced then there will be something in the connector. We have been hanging the connector outside the cover for easy fuse swapping. We have 7 machines that are 1 hour 15 minute flight from here with poor power.

jnewlon
02-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Take the fuser cover off and it is on the side as the thermofuses. If the fuser is the original then there will not be an existing fuse. If it has already been replaced then there will be something in the connector. We have been hanging the connector outside the cover for easy fuse swapping. We have 7 machines that are 1 hour 15 minute flight from here with poor power.

Thanks for the info

jnewlon
02-20-2013, 12:48 AM

I am suppose to go set this fuser error tommorrow and I cannot find out how to get into the SPmode SP 5-810-02

jnewlon
02-20-2013, 12:52 AM
I am suppose to go set this fuser error tommorrow and I cannot find out how to get into the SPmode SP 5-810-02
I have a service manual but cannot find where the info is in there

SargeNZ
02-20-2013, 01:20 AM
You will not see 5810 as an option until the machine sees the fuse in place.

jnewlon
02-20-2013, 02:24 AM
You will not see 5810 as an option until the machine sees the fuse in place.

So do I just plug in fuse, turn machine on and it will tell me what to do? Or do I have to go into SPMode and it will show up there once the fuse is in place? If that is case how do I get machine into SP Mode?

JustManuals
02-20-2013, 05:25 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search