PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Aficio 3045 has lines on drum

Custom Search

HUB
11-12-2012, 07:12 PM
With lines on the drum showing up on each printed page, what parts should I replace besides the drum?

nmfaxman
11-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Before you replace the drum and BLADE, make sure your charge roller is clean.
This will cause lines on the drum.

FMC
11-12-2012, 08:19 PM
If your drum has got anywhere near 135K then change it and do the blade and charge roller at the same time. These drums might last to 200k but I change them when they get to anything near 135k as it'll just repeat on you soon.

Llama God
11-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Replace the drum, blade and charge roller.

Also, if it has one, there's a second cleaning blade that clips in (not the one with 2 screws in.) Remove this permanently.

Butrus
11-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Call the tech;)

mikadonovan
11-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Replace the drum, blade and charge roller.Also, if it has one, there's a second cleaning blade that clips in (not the one with 2 screws in.) Remove this permanently.You know, I have converted all my 3045's to run B079 toner, and I leave the second blade in. This has worked out very well. They run considerably cleaner with no mag roller buildup.

TonerMunkeh
11-13-2012, 04:03 PM
3045's run B079 dev and toner anyway don't they? I thought it was just the (fucking awful) MP3500 and above that ran the B296?

mikadonovan
11-13-2012, 04:25 PM
3045's run B079 dev and toner anyway don't they? I thought it was just the (fucking awful) MP3500 and above that ran the B296?Heh, Heh, that's what I have converted, the mp3500's. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night. My airbed had a major blowout and I ended up sleeping on the floor. I am WAY to old for that shit.

Llama God
11-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Heh, Heh, that's what I have converted, the mp3500's. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night. My airbed had a major blowout and I ended up sleeping on the floor. I am WAY to old for that shit.

I've done the same, with the exception of that blade. I remove that blade.

Love your work.

TonerMunkeh
11-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Heh, Heh, that's what I have converted, the mp3500's. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night. My airbed had a major blowout and I ended up sleeping on the floor. I am WAY to old for that shit.

Our Ikea bed collapsed at 3:15am last night. There I was, having a lovely "Happy Gilmore" style dream with scantily clad women and beer aplenty when my heart tried it's best to make a bid for freedom through my diaphragm. Or, to use less colourful and politically correct vernacular, it scared the living piss out of me and the wife. The dog leapt off the bed with such force I'm sure she'd have made it out of the window if the bed pointed that way.

Llama God
11-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Our Ikea bed collapsed at 3:15am last night. There I was, having a lovely "Happy Gilmore" style dream with scantily clad women and beer aplenty when my heart tried it's best to make a bid for freedom through my diaphragm. Or, to use less colourful and politically correct vernacular, it scared the living piss out of me and the wife. The dog leapt off the bed with such force I'm sure she'd have made it out of the window if the bed pointed that way.

What is it with you two and your parallel bed collapses? And why did your lass try to leap from the window? Actually I know the answer to that one!

mikadonovan
11-13-2012, 06:07 PM
What is it with you two and your parallel bed collapses?

Our Ikea bed collapsed at 3:15am last night.That is a little strange. If I have anything F*&cked up happen to me this afternoon, I'll be sure an let you know so you can avoid the same:cool:

HUB
12-22-2012, 02:54 AM
Before my first post, I replaced the drum in the drum unit. I also removed the unit below the drum unit and cleaned it out. I thought this was old toner collection, but then realized it could be developer. So now I have nothing in what I assume is the developer unit, no toner on roller. Before I screw up anything else, what should I do?

nmfaxman
12-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Do a fresh install on the machine. Drum, DV, drum blade & transfer blade replacement.
Vacuum interior and wipe it down with a damp cloth cleaning the slit glass, charge roller, erase lamp, ID sensor and bias contacts.

For more information contact Paul /manuals4you.

Cheaper to call the copyguy before you make it worse, like emptying out the DV.

HUB
12-22-2012, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the quick help, So a fresh install is the Drum, DV, drum blade & transfer blade replacement? What is the DV?

Are you suggesting I contact Paul to get a service manual, parts or help? Is that an email address for him?

Any idea an estimate cost for a tech to do this work? I'm in Atlanta, Georgia.

JustManuals
12-22-2012, 05:31 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

freedomseahorse
12-22-2012, 02:33 PM
May be you can checking your DV unit.

Llama God
12-22-2012, 02:42 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Or when you need a manual and you needed it quite some time ago.

manoreth
12-23-2012, 10:01 AM
With lines on the drum showing up on each printed page, what parts should I replace besides the drum?

The drum unit has many parts that can scratch the drum also the transfer belt engaging clutch could be sticking on leaving it against the drum

Custom Search