PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh Mp 1350 in 'Please Wait' Status

Custom Search

Meyvyn
11-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Good Day Everyone, i have a Ricoh Aficio Mp 1350 machine which is always in 'Please Wait' state. I have tried interchanging IOB, Power Supply Boards, BCU, and the entire controller unit from a working machine but none worked for me. Help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

collme
11-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Good Day Everyone, i have a Ricoh Aficio Mp 1350 machine which is always in 'Please Wait' state. I have tried interchanging IOB, Power Supply Boards, BCU, and the entire controller unit from a working machine but none worked for me. Help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Had the same on an MP2550 recently and i changed all the usual boards and hard drive. ended up being the display control pcb. can you take control panel from a working machine to try?

Meyvyn
11-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Had the same on an MP2550 recently and i changed all the usual boards and hard drive. ended up being the display control pcb. can you take control panel from a working machine to try?

Thanks for the reply, I'll try doing that....

tcs04
11-13-2012, 11:19 AM
There's a post in the Ricoh UK tech forum relating to MP1100 / Pro 907 type machines displaying "Please wait" at various times. Advice was to adjust the spacing of the plug and socket at the rear of the fuser to ensure good contact.

Symptom:

The copier intermittently pauses during a run and displays “Please Wait”. On some occasions it will continue the job with no operator intervention but on others it will require the operator to open and close the front doors.

Cause:

Poor connection between mainframe and fuser unit. The fuser and exit assembly is only latched into the machine on the left hand side, the connections for the fuser are on the right as you look from the front of the machine. During a print run the vibrations can cause a brief open circuit in the connector, this confuses the machine because it thinks the fuser has been removed with the doors still closed so it displays “Please Wait”

Action:

You can place a spacer between the fuser connector and the frame on the fuser unit. The plastic e-clip off some of the clutches is very good for this, part no 0805 0088. However if you still experience problems you may have to replace the connectors.

PinevskiS
11-13-2012, 05:11 PM

Turn off machine and disconnect HDD .After turn on machine ,if machine start up turn off connect only one HDD turn on machine and after that
Format only one HDD.
Turn off machine connect second HDD turn on machine if start up format both HDD together.

df3036
11-15-2012, 04:05 AM
Just swap the hdd cables and turn on. Worked twice for me on different MP 9000's

Meyvyn
11-19-2012, 04:29 AM
Thanks for all the great replies, I finally got rid rid of this 'please wait' problem, but now the machine is displaying sc 124...described in the service manual as 'Encoder Signal Error' another thing is in the machines sc history an sc 305 is logged latest, Charge Corona Wire Cleaner Error 1...

reyphox
06-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks for all the great replies, I finally got rid rid of this 'please wait' problem, but now the machine is displaying sc 124...described in the service manual as 'Encoder Signal Error' another thing is in the machines sc history an sc 305 is logged latest, Charge Corona Wire Cleaner Error 1...

What fixed your 'Please Wait' problem on your MP 1350??

kubusiek77
01-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Just swap the hdd cables and turn on. Worked twice for me on different MP 9000's

This one worked for me! Thanx.

chuck cota
01-15-2014, 02:20 AM
I had the same issue on a 1350 about a year ago. Make sure fuser and duplex connectors are clean and there is no paper or debris stuck in them. Also, make sure that the duplex is firmly closed.
If problem persists try to enter service mode and check to see if fuser is warming up.

When I had the problem it was caused by a small piece of paper stuck in the duplex connector.
Good luck

Custom Search