PDA

View Full Version : hard disk serial number

Custom Search

patrick045
11-13-2012, 04:14 PM
is it possible to print out the serial number of the hard disk ?

for example for ricoh mpc4500

kind regards

patrick

sandmanmac
11-13-2012, 04:18 PM
is it possible to print out the serial number of the hard disk ?

for example for ricoh mpc4500

kind regards

patrick

Not to my knowledge, but it is possible to take 5 minutes to pull out the controller and read it off the drive(s). There are 2 of them.
My question would be "why"?

Polarbear
11-14-2012, 11:00 AM
I have searched the service manual and checked a full smc print for the MPC4500 and cannot seem to find it anywhere.

+1 with removing the controller and doing a physical check.

CableGuy
11-14-2012, 11:57 AM
I would image it's printed on the tin? Interested to know why :confused:
And how is beautiful Cape Town today?

Polarbear
11-15-2012, 06:06 AM
CableGuy

Had wonderful weather in CT yesterday (Wednesday) but today it is overcast:(

LittleTurtle
11-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Well there are many methods for that yes one could be removing the HDD or back cover of your lap or if its a PC remove the casing and there are ways you can do it using your os itself go to your device manger and then you can see your hardware details if not you can use simple applciations such as HDD ID Utility 1.0 you can find it here Download HDD ID Utility 1.0 Free - It will show your HDD serial number and other key information. - Softpedia (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/HDD-ID-Utility.shtml)

sandmanmac
11-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Well there are many methods for that yes one could be removing the HDD or back cover of your lap or if its a PC remove the casing and there are ways you can do it using your os itself go to your device manger and then you can see your hardware details if not you can use simple applciations such as HDD ID Utility 1.0 you can find it here Download HDD ID Utility 1.0 Free - It will show your HDD serial number and other key information. - Softpedia (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/HDD-ID-Utility.shtml)

Oh man....
Dude. It's installed in a RICOH COPIER! You're in the 'copier forum'. Pay attention.

CableGuy
11-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi Sandmanmac. I think he is trying to drum up business, not much info in his profile and links to all sorts of things. Not necessarily copier related? ;)

margic brian
11-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Oh man....
Dude. It's installed in a RICOH COPIER! You're in the 'copier forum'. Pay attention.
someone just lost their bearings is that the apple logo ."just thinkingout loudly"

Sweden_GBG
11-18-2012, 08:55 PM
I would image it's printed on the tin? Interested to know why :confused:
And how is beautiful Cape Town today?

I still wondet too WHY? what to do with sn on the hdd? Or is it the copier sn you wanted?

TonerMunkeh
11-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Unless it's a warranty claim thing and the serial number is required for that maybe?

rthonpm
11-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Unless it's a warranty claim thing and the serial number is required for that maybe?

I was thinking either that or maybe a high security customer who wants verification for audit purposes that a hard drive in a specific machine hasn't been removed or altered in someway.

patrick045
11-20-2012, 09:09 AM
indeed it is a high security customer

i was wondering if i could make a print out with both machine type and serial number as well as the serial number of the hard disk .

thx for the replies

rthonpm
11-20-2012, 01:40 PM
The machine itself won't give you the option to print the hard drive serial number since there's nothing in the NetBSD of the copier that holds that information and the drive controller doesn't broadcast it.

Your best option is to visit any machine you need the serial for and pull out the controller and have a customer witness record the serial number. Since they're the ones wanting the information, they'll need to take at least the ownership of investing the same amount of time as you to get the serial numbers.

Good luck!

Custom Search