PDA

View Full Version : Used Ricoh Aficio 1232C

Custom Search

KJEpps
11-13-2012, 04:25 PM
One of my printer customers, a non-profit, recently had this model donated to them. They say it is supposedly in working order but asked if I could come out and give it a "once over". Since my expertise is with printers (and I do work on the high-end ones), I'm not so sure I want to get too deep into this, especially since some of the posts I'm seeing on this forum say it's a "buggy" model.

Is there a way to find out the status of the maintenance items through a report or menu access?

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks in advance.

:confused:

KJ

TonerMunkeh
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Yeah, print off SP 5-990-004 and look at the PM counter values. Then laugh hysterically and run away as fast as your little legs will carry you. The organisation this machine was donated to would be wise, if this thing needs a lot of parts, to take it outside then call Mythbusters to put some thermite on it.

On a more serious note, if it does need a lot of bits then it might not even be worth repairing. If memory serves the dev units are due at 60k, PCU at 120k. If the fuser passes a visual inspection, check the oil level and give it a run. You *might* be lucky enough to get one of these machines that has relatively low mileage and will run happily as long as the customer doesn't even think about putting heavy solids through it.

sandmanmac
11-13-2012, 04:45 PM
One of my printer customers, a non-profit, recently had this model donated to them. They say it is supposedly in working order but asked if I could come out and give it a "once over". Since my expertise is with printers (and I do work on the high-end ones), I'm not so sure I want to get too deep into this, especially since some of the posts I'm seeing on this forum say it's a "buggy" model.

Is there a way to find out the status of the maintenance items through a report or menu access?

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks in advance.

:confused:

KJ

It's a perfect machine for a non-profit, because this box will definitely eliminate any possibility of that!
It's old, and extremely high cost of operation. They'll save a ton of money (even in the short term) by investing a couple grand in a much newer box.
That's my quick 2 cents

KJEpps
11-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Forgive me, but I know nothing about Ricohs. How would I go about printing off that report?

Yeah, print off SP 5-990-004 and look at the PM counter values. Then laugh hysterically and run away as fast as your little legs will carry you. The organisation this machine was donated to would be wise, if this thing needs a lot of parts, to take it outside then call Mythbusters to put some thermite on it.

On a more serious note, if it does need a lot of bits then it might not even be worth repairing. If memory serves the dev units are due at 60k, PCU at 120k. If the fuser passes a visual inspection, check the oil level and give it a run. You *might* be lucky enough to get one of these machines that has relatively low mileage and will run happily as long as the customer doesn't even think about putting heavy solids through it.

KenB
11-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Give it a good "once over the cliff" maybe.

collme
11-13-2012, 07:14 PM
weigh it in for scrap and get some money from it, if you try to use it then it will cost you as they are a bottomless money pit.

ruben
11-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Forgive me, but I know nothing about Ricohs. How would I go about printing off that report?

You will need to go in service mode: Clear key (yellow), 1, 0, 7, then hold cancel key (red) for a few seconds until the service menu appears. Some machines you can enter the SP code directly to jump to it, some you can select on the touch screen and others you have to navigate with the key pad and physical arrow keys. You will see the list of options and pick then up easily, to get to 5-990-004 start from left to right; so mode 5 then function 990 and option/setting 4.

KJEpps
11-19-2012, 03:50 PM
You will need to go in service mode: Clear key (yellow), 1, 0, 7, then hold cancel key (red) for a few seconds until the service menu appears. Some machines you can enter the SP code directly to jump to it, some you can select on the touch screen and others you have to navigate with the key pad and physical arrow keys. You will see the list of options and pick then up easily, to get to 5-990-004 start from left to right; so mode 5 then function 990 and option/setting 4.

Even after filling them in on all your opinions, they still want me to come look at it, so I will be going there today.

Thanks!

Tonerbomb
11-20-2012, 12:57 AM
just tell them I had my Ricoh TSM RA 7 of these...... POS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Search