PDA

View Full Version : C2804 code after replacing hv2 and secondary transfer connector

Custom Search

blazebusiness
11-15-2012, 02:40 AM
Had to replace the xfer roller connector and hv2 board due to error code c2721. After reassembling copier and turning on power the machine starts up fine then says adjusting please wait. Shortly after it throws the c2804 code . I have checked all the connectors on the printer control board and cleaned the color reg assy sensors. Hv2 board was a reman pcb. Any replies appreciated.

JustManuals
11-15-2012, 02:49 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Avskrap
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
What machine are we talking about?

blazebusiness
11-15-2012, 03:32 PM
What machine are we talking about?

Bizhub Pro C6500. Customer had a C2721 code intermittantly and continued to make prints even though the code would come up often. It got so bad that the code would come up every 20 prints then later every 10 prints and then they finally placed a call for service. Upon disassembly the connector to the secondary xfer roller had a whole burned right through the plastic and the hv2 connector is burned and melted also. Toner buildup on this exposed connector may have also provided a path for current from the normally sealed connector to the metal frame of the copier. What a mess! The customer should have called for service and never have continued to run the machine when the error 1st appeared but money is a concern for them and all the maint on this machine has been sorely neglected for quite a while.

Replaced the connector and the hv2 board and reassembled the copier which now displays the C2804 (black patch error) and sometimes also C4840.

MAD0RAM
11-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Couple things I have found.

Check the DV unit and make sure you get a good toner brush across the whole unit.
Check and clean the sensors on the left side of the belt.
Also try running Execute adjust operation in Expert adjust mode all four.

RAI
02-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Did this problem ever get resolved? I had a machine this week show the same code. I have been unable to nail it down even after I have replaced everything along the black line although it makes no sense to do. I've replaced the HV board, the reg / gamma sensor unit, charger, drum, dev unit and dev itself and even the whole transfer belt assembly. Black is grey(ish). It's dev related problem it seems, but what's the missing link here? Any answers?

Custom Search