PDA

View Full Version : Email error codes

Custom Search

Jomama46
11-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Is there a list of these codes somewhere, they dont seem to be in the troubleshooting section of the service manual. (c4501)
An IT person called today and he had printed out a list from the user tools section that showed the confi setup and at the end it listed a bunch of codes.
I am clueless on this. I know that Kyocera prints out all sort of fax, smb and scan to email error codes, so I am sure Ricoh has them somewhere but I cant find them.
Any help?

ruben
11-16-2012, 12:29 AM
The config page under List/Test Print? Surely it shouldn't contain error information (at least I have never checked one for that), mostly firmware versions and the usual config settings.

teebee1234
11-16-2012, 12:45 AM
In User Tools/System Settings/Interface Settings there should be a 'Print List' button. That will print out detailed configuration pages with comm errors on the last page.

The Diagnostic Report (sp5-990-5) may have some detailed info on it (can't remember).

Mess
11-16-2012, 01:23 AM
page 3 of the "print list" will show SMTP errors as long as you have not power cycled the copier after a fail scan. Google the smtp errors. These are NOT Ricoh error codes.

nmfaxman
11-16-2012, 03:06 AM
A blocked connection will show as blocked.
An authentication error will show as authentication error.
These are only 2 reasons email won't work. A bad address will return a DAEMON failure to the sending address.
Verify the date and time set in the machine so the system log has the right date and time before you test the scanning.

IT people can't deny the printed report.
They tend to block common ports and deny there were any changes.

Custom Search