PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C454 FS-534 not aligning paper correctly when stapling

Custom Search

sauce_boss
11-27-2012, 10:58 PM
I have one of these that is a new install. when stapling multiple pages the pages do not align correctly and one of the pages will not be stapled at all. It happens maybe 3 sets out of a 10 set run. There is a hit on Konica Solutions to upgrade the finisher firmware to G00-04 for this problem. I have tried that with no luck. It looks like the rubber fingers that are supposed to pull the paper back into the finisher and align it aren't working correctly but this is a brand new machine. Just wondering if anyone has seen this and knows a solution before I start tearing things apart.

kingarthur
11-28-2012, 04:17 PM
why would you start tearing it apart, if you're an authorised dealer, contact KM & report it as an "out of box failure",they'll advise you on what to do or contact the people who supplied it if you're not,I certainly wouldn't start taking it apart....

blackcat4866
11-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Something simple first:

What size is programmed for your paper source? If it's Custom 12 3/16" and you've loaded 11" wide paper, then yes, it will staple off the edge. The edge of the paper is in a slightly different place for custom 12 3/16". =^..^=

emujo
11-28-2012, 05:47 PM
why would you start tearing it apart, if you're an authorised dealer, contact KM & report it as an "out of box failure",they'll advise you on what to do or contact the people who supplied it if you're not,I certainly wouldn't start taking it apart....

Or maybe you could take it apart, find out what the problem is and fix it...what better way to learn...as long as the customer is not demanding a replacement (some are more understanding then others). How do you become a qualified/competant tech if all you do is swap finisher/ADF/duplexor ect...It might turn out to be a 5 min fix, or a simple adjustment..that 2 hours you spent tackling a complex piece of equipment may wind up saving the company big bucks over the next few years. Emujo

Mita-Konica-Tech
11-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Or maybe you could take it apart, find out what the problem is and fix it...what better way to learn...as long as the customer is not demanding a replacement (some are more understanding then others). How do you become a qualified/competant tech if all you do is swap finisher/ADF/duplexor ect...It might turn out to be a 5 min fix, or a simple adjustment..that 2 hours you spent tackling a complex piece of equipment may wind up saving the company big bucks over the next few years. EmujoI agree...... Take it apart .... and fix it.... great opportunity to learn what you will be facing in the future.... and if all else fails open a KM ticket and have your regional KM Service manager stop in and help you fix it.... Only way to learn is by trying ... even if you mess it up the first couple of times.....Good Luck

mo0651
11-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Have not had one of these apart yet, but mis-stacking, i start looking for flipped or missing holding mylars or gears with one way bearings. That kind of stuff. PLEASE when you find it, share it with us all and KONMIN.

wseyller
11-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Spending 2 hours is nothing compared to the expense of transporting the machine back to your warehouse and boxing it back up and spending time on the phone requesting a return.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

kingarthur
11-29-2012, 12:38 PM
I do actually agree with my learned friends above, there's nothing i like better than stripping down a m/c to fix a fault, however, if it's a new install, i would only go so far before starting the ticketing process & then carry out any further diagnostics as advised by KM

Custom Search