PDA

View Full Version : leading edge on second page

Custom Search

paulrid
12-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been posted but I couldn't find it.

I have a C252 which prints the second page of a document not in the middle of the page, the printer area is all fine with adjustments made to side and leading edge to print central from both trays. If they print simplex or duplex the second page seems to print before the leading edge of the paper. I have tested the document on different models and makes of machine which all worked fine.
Any ideas?

Thanks Paul.

pepper38_cnd
12-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Have you tried the registration clutch?

paulrid
12-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Hi pepper38_cnd (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/pepper38_cnd.html),

Thanks for the reply.

Just realised I didn't say this is printing from a computer not copying :o

Is the registration clutch part of the doc feeder? If so I don't think its part of this problem.

Thanks Paul.

pepper38_cnd
12-05-2012, 11:23 AM
The registration clutch I am referring to Is part of the Print Engine it controls when the paper meets the Transfer belt thus controls where the image is placed on the page. It is used when ever paper passes through the machine print or copy. Timing is more critical when making multiple prints/copies or duplexing, so a faulty clutch will usually only show problems when multiple prints or duplexing not on 1 single sided print/copy. Yes there is also an original reg clutch in the df but since you are referring to printing that does not come into play.

pepper38_cnd
12-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Here let me draw you a picture ( Item 33 CL1 Part# 9322 1300 21 )

paulrid
12-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks again for the reply,

Sorry to ask questions but this part I'm not familiar with, is the clutch part of the main gearbox or can you get to it on its own?
I have all the service manuals and part list for these machines but not sure how to get to it.

Many thanks Paul.

Hansoon
12-05-2012, 12:47 PM
is the clutch part of the main gearbox or can you get to it on its own?

*speechless*

Hans

paulrid
12-05-2012, 02:17 PM
*speechless*

Hans

Thanks for that helps me out no end

Kidaver
12-05-2012, 02:30 PM
If you have the service manuals then just look in it. One thing about KM manuals especially on these machines is it will tell you step by step how to get to parts and with the registration clutch being a fairly common part in a copier I'm sure there is a place in that manual that will tell you where, how to remove, and what cleaning and adjustments you need to do.

paulrid
12-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi kidaver,

Thanks for the reply.

I do have all the manuals and full access to KM support being a new dealership, its a learning curve every day.
I find the C252sm very useful and it does indeed take you through step by step for most things but I can't see how to get to / adjust etc the registration clutch.

Sorry if I come across as not knowing what I'm doing :o

Thanks Paul.

Kidaver
12-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Check out section 6.3.48 in the SM. It shows how to clean the IDC and registration sensor 1 & 2. You have to remove your Vertical Transport Assy out to do that. The registration clutch will be on that unit at the end of the registration roller.

paulrid
12-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Check out section 6.3.48 in the SM. It shows how to clean the IDC and registration sensor 1 & 2. You have to remove your Vertical Transport Assy out to do that. The registration clutch will be on that unit at the end of the registration roller.

Thanks mate, That makes a lot of sense to me. I have removed that unit before to get to the Sensors but as I said te clutch is a new one for me.

Thanks Paul.

Hansoon
12-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Thanks for that helps me out no end

Sorry Paul, didn't want to be rude but your remark sounded so errr.... Car-Mechanic-ish......... ;)

Apologies if I hurt your feelings.

Hans

paulrid
12-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Sorry Paul, didn't want to be rude but your remark sounded so errr.... Car-Mechanic-ish......... ;)

Apologies if I hurt your feelings.

Hans

No problem mate, im fairly new to photocopiers and an see it would look very car mechanic-ish but I am getting better I promise ;)

habik
12-05-2012, 09:04 PM
~if you wanna learn fast, download the Theory of Operation manual and go with it first. You will learn a lot and everything will com clear within just a browsing the manual~

Regards,

Habik

EarthKmTech
12-05-2012, 10:37 PM
I agree on the registration clutch, had this before.

these machines are only rated for about 800k or so and the registration unit gets very tired around that time with oval worn bushings causing skewed feed and also the clutch starts to fail. It also happens prematurely in dusty environments.

If its a high volume machine i would just replace the entire registration unit as they aren't expensive anyway.

PS, i prefer working on cars to photocopiers, at least when you rebuild an automatic transmission most parts are made of metal and there are no "red painted screws" that are forbidden to touch.

blackcat4866
12-06-2012, 12:53 AM
How about something really simple, like finisher output set to "output face up", instead of "output face down"?

I have a large customer in which all the endusers need to change settings randomly, perhaps just to test my troubleshooting technique ... or maybe just because they're stupid and hope that a random selection will be an improvement.

That has become my first troubleshooting step: 1) find the changed setting, and return to default. =^..^=

Oops! Mis-read your first post. Disregard the response. =^..^=

paulrid
12-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi all,

I changed the registration unit as suggested and all sorted :D thanks again for all the input.
One little thing though and this happened to me early in the week also, today when I put it back together the paper pick up in tray two stopped working. I'm thinking its my fat hands damaging a sensor in the paper pick up as changing the early one fixed it, anyway the user isn't bothered about tray two but I will fix it one day.

Thanks again for all your help Paul.

Synaux
12-07-2012, 08:22 PM
I have a large customer in which all the endusers need to change settings randomly, perhaps just to test my troubleshooting technique ... or maybe just because they're stupid and hope that a random selection will be an improvement.

Perhaps, but it depends on how large is the customer really is. For instance, if the customer's fingers are too pudgy to change the settings, you might have your answer :cool:

paulrid
07-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi again,

I had a similar problem with a c353 so from what I learnt here I change the vertical transport section and it fixed the duplex position on the second side just like the C252. Now the customer is telling me it prints duplex fine for one print but if you print it more than once it prints the second side out of alignment, before I go and have a look do you have any ideas?

Thanks Paul.

Custom Search