PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Separator jam di 2010

Custom Search

wseyller
12-07-2012, 03:59 AM
Doesnt happen that often but accordian fold jam in fuser. Paper goes up under a claw in the center. Registers as "separator" jam every time it happens. I ordered a fuser. Running F12 test pages never jams even after hundreds of pages. Happens more often when doing a copy. Sometimes the first page or after two or three. Single or duplex pages. Machine only has 77,000 pages and fuser looks almost new. Is my decision to replace fuser good or should i look elsewhere.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/07/a4a2ytyg.jpg

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Hansoon
12-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Assuming that the leading edge erase is set properly, I would inspect that one separator finger first. Could be that there is a toner build up under it. Either clean the separator when it's dirty or replace when damaged.

Hans

JustManuals
12-07-2012, 06:29 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

wseyller
12-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Before i left the location thursday i switch the paper to different trays. Move letter to tray 1 and legal to tray 2. I came back and no jams in counter after 150 pages. I went ahead and changed the fuser while I was there. I also did change the lead edge erase to a suitable value. It is a library and they copy books alot so maybe that will help. I test it and it seems good. Hopefully I wont hear back from them. Thanks for suggestions.

methogod
12-12-2012, 01:59 AM
DONT FOGET CHEAP PAPER CAN ALWAYS BE AN ISSUE...

staples is better then office depot, staples blue is best "low cost" copy paper.

Office depot red (lowest cost) is just not good for Konica's

just my 2 cents.

wseyller
12-12-2012, 02:17 AM
I always keep that in the back of my mind. My employer doesn't want me to tell the customer they are using low quality paper unless it is clearly an issue or last resort. Sometimes i might tell them proper ways to store the paper or load the paper into the tray if i feel it is necessary.

methogod
12-12-2012, 03:17 AM
keep a case of 20# staples multipurpose.

First thing i try always. Especially if there is only Chinese on the front of the box.

Custom Search