PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub C280 black image problem

Custom Search

lanierboy
12-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Machine: C280

Problem: Black developing unit losses image quality (looks like toner starvation) and banding.

I have a MF280 where that black image fails after 1500 prints.

It goes very bandy on the black and when you look at the dev brush on the black you can see bald patches.

We have fitted the below parts to the machine:

Black developing clutch
Black dev unit x2
Toner hopper assby complete

PRCB

Has anyone had this before or can recommend what to do next.

Many thanks

tmathiou
12-24-2012, 12:46 PM
We had the same problem with a C220. The problem was a broken wheel at base (DK-507). So the machine leaning towards one side. We have changed the DK-507 and works fine.

AjitN
12-25-2012, 03:06 AM
What about Drum Unit? May be charge leacking. Or it can be HV. You can check it from service mode

atiq
12-28-2012, 04:04 PM
The first question to ask would be how many colour prints and black prints has the C280 done?

Atiq

JustManuals
12-28-2012, 04:08 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
01-01-2013, 12:55 PM
When any developing unit fails on these type machines from developer loss, the corresponding drum unit should be replaced as well - it will be the cause.

If you don't, the same result awaits the new developing unit and everyone after it until you do.

Bullet71
01-30-2013, 01:31 PM
We have a C220 with this issue, our tech first thought it was the drum so changed this which didnt solve it so next day changed the developer unit as well and this then proceded to immediatlly dump its developer. Still no solution and am scared to fit new units in case it does the same.

tech51
01-30-2013, 06:55 PM
We have a C220 with this issue, our tech first thought it was the drum so changed this which didnt solve it so next day changed the developer unit as well and this then proceded to immediatlly dump its developer. Still no solution and am scared to fit new units in case it does the same.

If its dev dumping I would be looking at HV connections or the HV board itself. Most machines dump dev when they loose dev bias so it may be worth checking that.

EarthKmTech
01-30-2013, 10:08 PM
I wonder if its something silly like the black developing clutch being seized in the ON state.

Thats easy enough to check, the developing drive shaft should free-wheel at the back of the machine and not drive the motor when turned by hand, while the machine is off.

If you change the HV board, your in that area anyway, i would change the black developing clutch at the same time. It will fail eventually anyway.

lanierboy
02-01-2013, 01:02 PM
many thanks for all your suggestions, we are going to try a HVT and drum unit on the machine, will let you know PS dev clutch has allready been changed

Custom Search