PDA

View Full Version : IR 5075 problems

Custom Search

axslinger
12-24-2012, 06:03 PM
I had a 5075 shipped to me, 50k is copy count. Unit powers up fine. Clues: Cant pass ltr paper, always stops at fuser, with other end stuck under reg roller. legal and 11 x 17 pass through fine. Copy quality looks like there is no potential control, dark and uneven. The fuser motor creeps ( always clicking and the fuser motor turns slightly..while unit is sitting idle.) Also, registration is off and i cant seem to adjust it with service mode.

Luther
12-24-2012, 06:19 PM
I would check for a crack in the upper roller gear on the front side, restring coronas for the uneven copy quality, and i believe the fuser motor is supposed to turn slowly during idle, the clicking is probably because the gear is cracked, hope this helps

Brian8506
12-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Fuser does rotate periodically during idle. Do exactly what Luther said. Also check bearings on lower roller. They oval out. FYI. Upper fuser rollers in those models have been known to crack so check that as well.

axslinger
12-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Fuser gears and rollers are fine. It passes legal and ledger ok, but the registration is about an inch and a half off. Letter jams everytime, the paper gets almost to the fuser roller, but not quite, other end trapped under registration roller. Ive tried in service mode to adjust REGIST in feed adjust, but that doesnt help, even at setting of -50. Wish i had more info, but ive ordered a service manual and see that can help me locate some other clues. (looks like the ltr jam code comes up as code 0117 P 01)

jose antonio
12-27-2012, 10:46 PM
What paper tray are you feeding from?
Is paper size and and feed edge correct on that particular tray?

vigour
12-28-2012, 06:03 AM
CHECK IF REGISTRATION GAP IS EVEN
Check if your transport is turning correctly i.e all the belts
Replace reg clutch and/or reg roller
The info below refers to 5570, but I think you have the same problem

Details This Technical Publication is to inform the field of a dowel pin that is detaching from the feeder assembly, which can cause a jam code of 0117. Installation/Service Notes Due to a poor mold, a gap between the drive roller [1] and the feeder assembly is too wide and can allow the dowel pin [3], which is fixed within the gear [2], to detach. This will result in the feeder belts not rotating. If this should occur, a jam code of 0117 will occur.

jose antonio
12-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Try to feed from the by- pass tray.
If it feeds ok ,your problem is with the settings on the tray you are feeding from.
Check in your service manual,go to service mode for the settings for letter size.

axslinger
12-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks for your input guys. I can actually see the transport belts moving. I can pass ledger and legal through cassette trays and manual feed (with same problem of registration way off) Ltr paper jams, trail edge still in registration rollers, through cassette and manual feed. Its almost as if the the registration roller dosen't stop to line up registration, it just turns. FYI i was factory trained on older analog models like 6650 so its been a while, I do have a service manual for this machine on the way to try and help.

jose antonio
12-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for your input guys. I can actually see the transport belts moving. I can pass ledger and legal through cassette trays and manual feed (with same problem of registration way off) Ltr paper jams, trail edge still in registration rollers, through cassette and manual feed. Its almost as if the the registration roller dosen't stop to line up registration, it just turns. FYI i was factory trained on older analog models like 6650 so its been a while, I do have a service manual for this machine on the way to try and help.

Ok than i suggest replace the registration clutch first, also check condition of the registration roller. Must be hard to the touch, and make sure the shaft turns smooth in both directions.

axslinger
12-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks for your help guys. When this machine was shipped, it might have tipped, there was toner all over the right side of the machine, cleaned up nice though. However, pulled out the whole transport/fusing unit, and there was toner dumped back there as well, even coating the registration clutch.. Cleaned all that toner out, air dusted clutch
and machine checks fine, registration is back. Thanks again!!!!! Happy New Year.

Custom Search