PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C280 Tray 3 Disabled

Custom Search

Edrick
12-24-2012, 11:17 PM
I have a personally owned Konica Bizhub C280 that the tray 3 (2,500 paper unit) had jammed. It made me disable the tray to continue printing. How would I go about re-enabling the tray?

JustManuals
12-25-2012, 03:25 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

methogod
12-25-2012, 04:55 AM
in service mode should be able to un-isolate the tray. Or it could be a dip switch.

EarthKmTech
12-25-2012, 08:53 AM
you just turn it off at the main switch (or unplug from the outlet), wait 10 seconds and turn it on to reset the temporary user initiated lock out.

if the tray cannot be opened the emergency open latch is via a hole on the rear of the large capacity tray. stick in something till you feel the lever, push it and the tray should open. If the tray for some reason (usually user error) has lifted all the way up and the drawer cannot open, well, your going to need a technician and an open checkbook.

methogod
12-25-2012, 09:56 AM
EARTHKMTECH pretty much got it, unless it's major issue, power off and on should bring tray 3 back.

unless your seeing a error code?

Edrick
12-26-2012, 03:52 PM
EARTHKMTECH pretty much got it, unless it's major issue, power off and on should bring tray 3 back.

unless your seeing a error code?

The unit specifically made us press the ok button to disable the tray to continue any operations.

I can try the power off for 10 seconds, the error I get though is C-0210

JR2ALTA
12-26-2012, 04:26 PM
paper behind cassette. not rocket science to pull cassette out, but if you pay a tech for an hour visit, he can clean your machine and make sure everything is spiffy

Edrick
12-26-2012, 04:31 PM
paper behind cassette. not rocket science to pull cassette out, but if you pay a tech for an hour visit, he can clean your machine and make sure everything is spiffy

There's no doubt I'll have a tech come out soon, I just have to reactive our maintenance contract right now I'm working on downsizing costs as much as I can until spring. I've removed the paper, so that fault should clear if I power off the unit it's not something I need to go into the service mode and re-enable the tray?

emujo
12-26-2012, 06:51 PM
No, service mode is to allow tech to isolate sub sections..any error that displays *** is not available, continue operations?, followed by a request to turn off/on the sub power switch, will try to start working again when "MAIN" power is cycled. If it fails then you will be stuck in the loop until the problem is fixed...Sort of a "Limp along until tech arrives" mode. Emujo

Edrick
12-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Rebooting it cleared it out, we're good to go now.

Thanks!

Custom Search