PDA

View Full Version : Is IPQ-2 compatible with Canon imagePRESS C1?

Custom Search

juancpgo
12-27-2012, 01:58 PM
I know that the official toners and drums for imagePRESS C1 are IPQ-1.

Are the OPC Drum and Toners IPQ-2 are also compatible with imagePRESS C1??

Thanks

teckat
12-27-2012, 06:29 PM

Thanks

juancpgo
12-27-2012, 07:20 PM

I'm sorry to insist man, but are you really sure? Because this guy is telling me that you can use IPQ-2 drum in imagepress C1, and the price for IPQ-2 drum is considerably smaller than the price for a IPQ-1 drum.

teckat
12-27-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry to insist man, but are you really sure? Because this guy is telling me that you can use IPQ-2 drum in imagepress C1, and the price for IPQ-2 drum is considerably smaller than the price for a IPQ-1 drum.

I don't use non-OEM Parts/ buyer beware:p

IPQ-1 / 0405B003AA=150k/Drum Yield-4 Color Mode
130k/Drum Yield - 5 Color Mode
prorated 120k or 120 days

IPQ-2 / 0444B003AA (x4)=740k/Drum Yield
prorated 420k or 120 days

JUAN-PRAVTEC
03-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Hi,
No, and there will be a confirmation of the manufacturer regarding compatibility, but in my experience if no support, at least in the toner, I've been using for some time without problems. The type of toner is the V for both.
Regarding the drum, these days I'll try, but I have understood that if you get with a little modification.

vigour
03-08-2013, 11:14 PM
The manufacturer will never support that.
You have to try it yourself and if it works for you go ahed

teckat
03-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Hi,
No, and there will be a confirmation of the manufacturer regarding compatibility, but in my experience if no support, at least in the toner, I've been using for some time without problems. The type of toner is the V for both.
Regarding the drum, these days I'll try, but I have understood that if you get with a little modification.

n316ds
05-26-2015, 07:16 PM

Thanks

YES. The Toner and DRUMS are compatible.

Do NOT listen to the supertechs here that say no with pictures.

The IPQ 2 drum is actually more expensive to manufacture because it has a dehumidifier blanket inside that the IPQ1 does not need.
Just cut the 2 terminals off and install normally. This is self explanatory when you see it.

Get a funnel and buy IPQ3, IP2Q toner and refil your IPQ1. Real easy and a HUGE saver.

The wiper blades and all are the same.

n316ds
05-26-2015, 07:23 PM
YES. The Toner and DRUMS are compatible. IPQ2 is same as IPQ1 with one small exception.

Do NOT listen to the supertechs here that say no with pictures.

The IPQ 2 drum is actually more expensive to manufacture because it has a dehumidifier blanket inside that the IPQ1 does not need. The IPQ 2 drum heats up a bit.
Just cut the 2 terminals off and install normally. Don't file or worry about being flush. There is PLENTY of space.
This is self explanatory when you see it.

Get a funnel and buy IPQ3, IP2Q toner and refil your IPQ1. Real easy and a HUGE saver.

The wiper blades and all are the same.

If you bought your Image press from eBay or used some where who cares about what the manufacturer says.
The IPQ1 toners resale is 198 buck and with the 99 buck IPQ3 you get 3 to 4 refills. More with the IPQ2 (1 to 2 more)
The IPQ4 has developer in it, otherwise same v toner.

teckat
05-26-2015, 08:38 PM
One thing to get straight,
There are no Super Techs here, including me.
��
Once u alter a warranty item,
you are stuck with it, if you encounter an issue under warranty, you can use it for a Brick or a Door Stop.
It's your choice.

I know all about workarounds on Canon products,
worked in Canon Engineering for a good time.

n316ds
05-27-2015, 12:18 AM
If it is under warranty maybe so.
If it is not , why on earth would some one pay 600 when they can pay 200.
Same exact part.
One must consider the rape canon puts us through in the first place.

They retail one toner for 129.00 (BIG machine) and it has 3.5 pounds of the same stuf as the one that retails for 189.00 and has .9 lb. (little machine)

they figure if they cant get the million out of you on the big machine up front they will sure try with a little machine over time.

I realize it's just biz. But if you like the print of the C1,,, and I do, and you can pick one up fro 2000 bucks with under 100k imprints,,, well heck,, hooah!

Most of these machines are NOT under warranty and the Super Techs purposely mislead end users so they can capitalize on Canon's marketing rapergies (just made that word up,, Strategy+rape).

So just tell it like it is.. The answer is emphatically """YES,, you can use it,, but it MIGHT void your warranty.""" Not NO.

It would be hard pressed for any court to side with canon when the 2 components are brought in. My guess is it would most likely void any warranty through contractual obligation long before an end user is willing to swap their own drum.

People come here for solutions not Corporate wishes. We should help whenever wherever (love shakira). Just put your IMO attached , but say it so.
Not busting anyone's chops here. Just really sick of finding all these things out the hard way..
This site is to make it EASIER.
We need to share tips and tricks,,, warranty,, corporate or not.
There must be a boat load of corporate employees that chime in and give all sorts of falsehoods biased through job security lenses.

Not here.

teckat
05-27-2015, 04:08 AM
This not a place to cry.
Customer pays for contract, pays for parts.

Don't need a customer complaint when a previous tech makes promises, then gets lost.

Now Puts the burden on follow up tech to please
this customer with previous wishes.

All countries are different, have seen major Canon accounts get dumped & over violations .

netugur
02-05-2016, 04:18 PM
I'm using IPQ-2 toner for about 1 years C1. Drum yet running smoothly.
When the drum life is finished I'll try IPQ-2 drum. IPQ-2 drum is very cheap. author results here.

Custom Search