PDA

View Full Version : RUI

Custom Search

Mina Banoub
12-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Dear all,
I have a problem accessing an Ir3235N M/C using RUI. the message I receive is " the RUI contents is not found" "Module version:3102".
But when I check the version of the RUI on the M/C under service mode >copier>I/0>version I found the RUI with version 10.12 .
I executed MMI, Main controller clear to ensure that all the setting under options in service mode are initialized.

zoraldinho
12-30-2012, 04:18 PM
The version of the module must be consistent with that of the system

teckat
12-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Dear all,
I have a problem accessing an Ir3235N M/C using RUI. the message I receive is " the RUI contents is not found" "Module version:3102".
But when I check the version of the RUI on the M/C under service mode >copier>I/0>version I found the RUI with version 10.12 .
I executed MMI, Main controller clear to ensure that all the setting under options in service mode are initialized.

your firmware listed may be issue :confused:

imageRUNNER 3225/3230/3235/3245
as of year 2012

System/MN-Cont v47.01
Language v47.01
RUI v45.01
MEAP v45.05
DCON v20.01
RCON v14.01 RCON

Machines with a HDD Data Erase Kit-B2 must use v80.02 which comes packaged with the kit.
Please install v80.02 before installing the License Key to prevent an “Invalid License Key” message.

check--
Additional Functions Key>System Settings>Remote UI>Remote UI> is set "ON" :confused:
in that same menu screen there is another selection.
The selection is "Use SSL" and if it is also set to "ON". and the customer is not using SSL. RUI will not be displayed on screen -- "Use SSL" switch it to "OFF" if not using-

why would u do a MMI Clear :confused:
MMI= Clearing various settings in user mode
Purpose When clearing the following settings in user mode
- Backup data for the copy control panel
- Common settings backup data
- Various backup data excluding FAX

did u put this setting in service mode > RUI-DSP to "1" =
0: The copy screen is not displayed for the remote UI.
1: The copy screen is displayed for the remote UI.

did u try to access RUI on a PC in Web browser:confused:

In order to determine the System Software or firmware versions from the RUI, please look at the following: EXAMPLE

1. Launch the Remote UI (RUI). From a web browser, enter the Canon machine's IP address in the address bar.
2. Select the Device button.
3. Select Information or Device information depending on your Canon model.
4. Now you will see the firmware information as shown below.

http://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/28808.jpg

First, let's look at the Controller Version: 3002.1143.501
The first set of numbers is the Main Controller version, therefore, the MN-CONT is 30.02.
The second set of numbers is the BootRom version, therefore, the BOOTROM is 11.43.
The third set of numbers is the DC Controller version, therefore, the DCON is 5.01.

Second, let's look at the Scanner Version: 1201.100
The first set of numbers is the Reader Controller, therefore, the RCON is 12.01.
The second set of numbers is the Feeder, therefore, the FEEDER is 1.00.

Third, let's look at the Finisher Version: 501.301.0.0.0
(For imagePRESS models you may see more numbers since there are more finishing options.)
The first set of numbers is the Sorter, therefore, the SORTER is 5.01.
The second set of numbers is the Saddle Stitch, therefore, the SDL-STITCH is 3.01.
The third set of numbers is the Punch Unit, therefore, the Punch Unit is not installed.
The fourth set of numbers is the Insertion Unit, therefore, the FN-INS is not installed.

Mina Banoub
01-02-2013, 02:29 PM
your firmware listed may be issue :confused:

imageRUNNER 3225/3230/3235/3245
as of year 2012

System/MN-Cont v47.01
Language v47.01
RUI v45.01
MEAP v45.05
DCON v20.01
RCON v14.01 RCON

Machines with a HDD Data Erase Kit-B2 must use v80.02 which comes packaged with the kit.
Please install v80.02 before installing the License Key to prevent an “Invalid License Key” message.

check--
Additional Functions Key>System Settings>Remote UI>Remote UI> is set "ON" :confused:
in that same menu screen there is another selection.
The selection is "Use SSL" and if it is also set to "ON". and the customer is not using SSL. RUI will not be displayed on screen -- "Use SSL" switch it to "OFF" if not using-

why would u do a MMI Clear :confused:
MMI= Clearing various settings in user mode
Purpose When clearing the following settings in user mode
- Backup data for the copy control panel
- Common settings backup data
- Various backup data excluding FAX

did u put this setting in service mode > RUI-DSP to "1" =
0: The copy screen is not displayed for the remote UI.
1: The copy screen is displayed for the remote UI.

did u try to access RUI on a PC in Web browser:confused:

In order to determine the System Software or firmware versions from the RUI, please look at the following: EXAMPLE

1. Launch the Remote UI (RUI). From a web browser, enter the Canon machine's IP address in the address bar.
2. Select the Device button.
3. Select Information or Device information depending on your Canon model.
4. Now you will see the firmware information as shown below.

http://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/28808.jpg

First, let's look at the Controller Version: 3002.1143.501
The first set of numbers is the Main Controller version, therefore, the MN-CONT is 30.02.
The second set of numbers is the BootRom version, therefore, the BOOTROM is 11.43.
The third set of numbers is the DC Controller version, therefore, the DCON is 5.01.

Second, let's look at the Scanner Version: 1201.100
The first set of numbers is the Reader Controller, therefore, the RCON is 12.01.
The second set of numbers is the Feeder, therefore, the FEEDER is 1.00.

Third, let's look at the Finisher Version: 501.301.0.0.0
(For imagePRESS models you may see more numbers since there are more finishing options.)
The first set of numbers is the Sorter, therefore, the SORTER is 5.01.
The second set of numbers is the Saddle Stitch, therefore, the SDL-STITCH is 3.01.
The third set of numbers is the Punch Unit, therefore, the Punch Unit is not installed.
The fourth set of numbers is the Insertion Unit, therefore, the FN-INS is not installed.

Thank you very much Teckat. You are the best , I believe in you .

Custom Search