PDA

View Full Version : Adding Toner Issue

Custom Search

hassan123
01-02-2013, 01:15 AM
Hello every one.

I am facing a problem in Canon Ir 2016.
Machine show Toner is low Add New Toner Even Toner Cartridge is full.

It is having any program to solve the issue???
Or a Developer adjustment.

Before a problem There is no issue of copy Quality but now copy quality is bad..
Replace new drum unit but problem still.

Please have any idea to solve the problem.
Thanks in advance.

teckat
01-02-2013, 04:24 AM
Hello every one.

Before a problem There is no issue of copy Quality but now copy quality is bad..

Thanks in advance.

Canon reported an issue that a faulty HVT could cause the "Add Toner" condition.\ even though Toner has been added.

A toner percentage value does not appear on this series. Instead the machine uses a series of messages. The first message that appears is a <Prepare the toner>message. After the <Prepare the toner> message appears, approximately 100 pages can be printed. At this time, it is recommended that a new toner cartridge is available for replacement before the toner runs out. Once the toner runs out during a print job, a message of, <Replace the toner> will appear. The remaining prints are made "after" the toner cartridge is replaced. This means that the machine will stop printing. The machine will not print until the toner is replaced. Once the toner is replaced, the machine will start to print again. Check the image below for reference.

http://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/28320.jpg
http://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/28320.jpg

Another thing to look at________________:rolleyes: Reform contacts to create more pressure on contacts on HVT PCB

Developer HVT contacts may be pushed in.If pushed in, there may be no HVT connections present.
This can cause the "add toner message". The developer should be be taken out, and the contacts checked.
If they are pressed in, they can be reformed or the contacts can be replaced.
Check the images below for reference. In the first image, the developer is exposed and the red arrows point to the contacts, the second displays the developer with the cover removed, the third displays the inside of the cover where the HVT contacts can be pushed out again, and the fourth image displays the outside of the cover and the contacts again. The contacts should be flush with the black plastic.The contact part #'s are FC6-4163-000 and FC6-4202-000.
http://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/22222.jpg

teckat
01-02-2013, 04:26 AM
Procedure after installing or replacing Developing Assembly:p
imageRUNNER 2016/2020/2016i/2020i

After installing or replacing the developing assembly, be sure to perform "Developer Idling mode" before inserting the toner cartridge.
Reason
When the machine is installed in low temperature and low humidity environment, slightly light image can be seen in the first 100 pages or so after installing or replacing the developing assembly. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Plug the power code and open the front cover. Then, turn the main power switch ON.
2. When a message is displayed on the LCD, make the following selections in sequence on the control panel to enter service mode: [Additional Functions key > the numeric key "2" > the numeric key "8" > Additional Functions key].
3. Display "#PRINT" on the LCD by pressing the "plus (+)" key or the "minus (-)" key > OK.
4. Display "#PRINT SW" on the LCD by pressing the "plus (+)" key or the "minus (-)" key > OK > make sure that the indication "#PRINT SW 001 00000000" is displayed on the LCD.
5. The "#" key > the numeric key "1" > the numeric key "1" > make sure that the indication "#PRINT SW 011 00000000" is displayed on the LCD.
6. Place the cursor under Bit1 (the second digit from the right) by using the "plus (+)" key or the "minus (-)" key > the numeric key "1" > make sure that the indication "#PRINT SW 011 00000010" is displayed on the LCD.
7. OK > make sure that the indication on the LCD is changed to "SW 012 00000000."
8. Press the Reset key to go out of service mode.
9. Once the front cover is closed, 1-minute idle rotation of the developing assembly is started automatically. Then, insert the toner cartridge

ensash
06-29-2021, 01:18 AM
Hello every one.

Thanks in advance.

i have same problem. Was your problem solved? If yes, how?

ensash
06-29-2021, 01:20 AM
Procedure after installing or replacing Developing Assembly:p
imageRUNNER 2016/2020/2016i/2020i

After installing or replacing the developing assembly, be sure to perform "Developer Idling mode" before inserting the toner cartridge.
Reason
When the machine is installed in low temperature and low humidity environment, slightly light image can be seen in the first 100 pages or so after installing or replacing the developing assembly. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Plug the power code and open the front cover. Then, turn the main power switch ON.
2. When a message is displayed on the LCD, make the following selections in sequence on the control panel to enter service mode: [Additional Functions key > the numeric key "2" > the numeric key "8" > Additional Functions key].
3. Display "#PRINT" on the LCD by pressing the "plus (+)" key or the "minus (-)" key > OK.
4. Display "#PRINT SW" on the LCD by pressing the "plus (+)" key or the "minus (-)" key > OK > make sure that the indication "#PRINT SW 001 00000000" is displayed on the LCD.
5. The "#" key > the numeric key "1" > the numeric key "1" > make sure that the indication "#PRINT SW 011 00000000" is displayed on the LCD.
6. Place the cursor under Bit1 (the second digit from the right) by using the "plus (+)" key or the "minus (-)" key > the numeric key "1" > make sure that the indication "#PRINT SW 011 00000010" is displayed on the LCD.
7. OK > make sure that the indication on the LCD is changed to "SW 012 00000000."
8. Press the Reset key to go out of service mode.
9. Once the front cover is closed, 1-minute idle rotation of the developing assembly is started automatically. Then, insert the toner cartridge

I tried to do it, but I could not.

livancicm
06-29-2021, 05:45 AM
developing unit

Custom Search