PDA

View Full Version : Fiery S300 ghost image procedure?

Custom Search

sanimir
01-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Dear all,
does anyone know the procedure to install the ghost image of the Fiery S300 server?
Until now, I did a clean installation with the system discs and I not very informed about the ghost files.

sorry for gtranslate english :)

Best Regards

TheOwl
01-06-2013, 10:36 PM
You will need some software that is able to read the Ghost image to start with. Depending on what software you are using will depend on the process.

Basically, you need to take the disk out of the Fiery and attach to a computer either via a cradle of directly in the computer it self. From there, you will need to restore the image to that HDD.

CAUTION!!! MAKE SURE THAT YOU RESTORE THE IMAGE TO THE CORRECT DISK AS RESTORING THE IMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER'S SYSTEM DRIVE WILL RENDER YOU COMPUTER USELESS...

sanimir
01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Thx

You will need some software that is able to read the Ghost image to start with. Depending on what software you are using will depend on the process.

Basically, you need to take the disk out of the Fiery and attach to a computer either via a cradle of directly in the computer it self. From there, you will need to restore the image to that HDD.

CAUTION!!! MAKE SURE THAT YOU RESTORE THE IMAGE TO THE CORRECT DISK AS RESTORING THE IMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER'S SYSTEM DRIVE WILL RENDER YOU COMPUTER USELESS...

Synaux
01-07-2013, 07:21 PM
If I am understanding correctly, one alternative to Owl's comment can be something like CloneZilla (http://clonezilla.org/).
With this you can make an image of the Fiery's hard drive. Basically, if the data is corrupted or the hard drive goes out, you shouldn't have any problems restoring the backup to the same or different drive.
This method would require you to take the hdd out of the fiery as well.

Also, in my opinion and while you are there, I encourage that you remove and replace the thermal pad on the CPU with a nice healthy glob of paste. Fiery tends to use inferior thermal pads.

sanimir
01-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Thanks
i use acronis and now all is ok.
and download clonezilla for future problems :)

If I am understanding correctly, one alternative to Owl's comment can be something like CloneZilla (http://clonezilla.org/).
With this you can make an image of the Fiery's hard drive. Basically, if the data is corrupted or the hard drive goes out, you shouldn't have any problems restoring the backup to the same or different drive.
This method would require you to take the hdd out of the fiery as well.

Also, in my opinion and while you are there, I encourage that you remove and replace the thermal pad on the CPU with a nice healthy glob of paste. Fiery tends to use inferior thermal pads.

Custom Search