PDA

View Full Version : "Now correcting. Please wait."

Custom Search

blackcat4866
01-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Thanks to the assistance of Mita-Konica-Tech, I think I've got this one resolved, but it's interesting enough to re-hash. Oops, almost forgot: it's a bizhub PRO950, with 400K prints.

The call was for "Now correcting. Please wait." message. What they didn't mention is that the machine continued to run, and run, and run ... it might have continued to run until it ran out of aluminum in the drum core. Surely the drum coating was completely gone just from idling for who-knows-how-long. The only useful thing I gathered on the first visit was that the Auto Max Density adjustment would not complete, continuing to run like the copy mode.

I found a bulletin describing a print control firmware upgrade to special firmware for this particular ailment, which translates into base firmware G80-23. My guess is that when the IDSB fails, the machine continues to try to make patches and correct the developer density, in a perpetual loop. I was unable to get the firmware to take, but my assist managed just fine. With the new firmware, a new IDSB, developer, drum, and blades, we were able to make very crappy, nearly blank prints. But the "Now correcting ... " message was gone, and the more prints we ran, the better it toned up. After about 200 prints we were able to complete the Drum Peculiarity adjustments. It's looking good.

I'm still not sure what he did differently with the firmware. Something about entering the Service Mode > ISW, then booting the laptop > opening the ISW utility, then starting the "Conditioning" mode, then sending the firmware. At any rate I'll spend more time on it later.

Was that clear? I'm still confused, but maybe it will point someone in the right direction. =^..^=

Tonerbomb
01-03-2013, 01:03 AM
I'm not a KM tech but I do walk through the valley in the shadow of FM and WTF quite often. Very interesting scenario.. Props to you blackcat4688 for sharing the info !!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

blackcat4866
01-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Potential control is amazing ... until it stops working. =^..^=

rbachlani
08-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Potential control is amazing ... until it stops working. =^..^=

I also had the same problem in one of the clients bizhub 950 machine. The thing which I did is just reduced the developer quantity as the client was using a compatible toner. And this solved the problem somehow.
Regards,
RB

M3HR4N
06-21-2023, 10:06 AM
Same issue on a bizhub Pro 951, we once changed the entire unit and problem solved but if it can be resolved with a firmware, which version do we need?

Synthohol
06-21-2023, 01:57 PM
...which translates into base firmware G80-23. ..

Custom Search