PDA

View Full Version : BH600 Tray 1 Jams - 1102

Custom Search

b3p0
01-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Got a 600 with 900k on it, PM'd 230k ago. Any job from Tray 1 jams, and is a 1102 jam code. Cleaned all vertical transport swingers, the horizontal transport tray above 2 has been thoroughly cleaned. Replaced feed tires and clutches on Tray 1 ... Still same problem. Went back today and swapped feed sections from Tray 2 over to Tray 1 and still was exhibiting the same issue. Tray 2 and all other trays feed fine, just #1 having this problem. Anyone have any bright ideas, or expierence with this issue ? Thanks!

EarthKmTech
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
from memory there may of been a bulletin about this issue and its to do with adjusting registration timing, in that for some reason paper fed from tray 1 takes too long to reach registration, but is ok for all other trays.

is the machine actually picking up the paper at all ? Where is it getting to ?

also make sure the connector on the back of the tray hasn't got paper mashed into it.

Darren King
01-08-2013, 12:28 AM
If it the problem I am thinking of I think it is an issue with the horizontal transport tray above Tray 2. If you take the right side cover off and pull the 2nd tray and horizontal transport tray out you can get at the sensor assembly above the tray. I have managed to fix this by shimming the assembly down a bit. Not too far or it will catch when you insert the horizontal transport tray. There are also two clutches that drive the rollers in the horizontal transport. These could be dirty or need to be replaced.
Hope this helps.
Darren

b3p0
01-08-2013, 03:06 PM
from memory there may of been a bulletin about this issue and its to do with adjusting registration timing, in that for some reason paper fed from tray 1 takes too long to reach registration, but is ok for all other trays.

is the machine actually picking up the paper at all ? Where is it getting to ?

also make sure the connector on the back of the tray hasn't got paper mashed into it.
Any Chance you have the bulletin? The trays do feed about 3-4 sheets perfectly, then shows jam, sometimes paper is in the registration section just hanging out into the vertical transport, sometimes there is no paper anywhere in the path, but every time the pre-feed roller in tray one has picked up and fed into tray1 feed roller about 1" .

b3p0
01-08-2013, 03:11 PM
right side cover off and pull the 2nd tray and horizontal transport tray out you can get at the sensor assembly above the tray. I have managed to fix this by shimming the assembly down a bit.There are also two clutches that drive the rollers in the horizontal transport. These could be dirty or need to be replaced. THanks for the info, I will be taking a look at this today, I'm also leaning towards an issue with the horizontal transport, since I can get tray 2 to run fine with Tray 1's feed section and clutches. I've wiped the rollers down in the horizontal transport, but never touched the clutches, or tried to clean the sensor. Since it's an intermittent issue I also think it might have to do with timing, because it will feed sometimes 2 pages then jam, and sometimes 4-5 pages then jam, but the paper is making thru the path witch kinda rules out sensors.

CraigW
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
When you push in the horizontal transport there is a metal guide the presses down on the plastic cover and idler rollers. The metal plate moves over time and reduces pressure.

Can be re-formed by hand to restore pressure.

b3p0
01-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Went back onsite yesterday. The Jam code 1102 says sensor PS5 & 6 could be issue, those are in the horizontal trans, I removed tray 2 and pulled out the horizontal trans, blew off the PS5 & 6 sensors, as well as anything else I could see. re-assembled and it made no difference. While Tray2 was out, I visually inspected the drive collars and couldn't see any obvious signs of wear. While onsite, found out that Tray 2 is having the same issue now, indicates jam but no paper is anywhere except in the feed in the tray, and jam code is a 1704 ... happens less frequently, but I can duplicate. Thought that maybe the one-way's had glazed the shafts, so I disassembled the feed sections and scuffed the shafts, re-assembled and still no improvement. Hoping that I can come up with a plan C .... quick.

Darren King
01-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Have a look at the sep rollers. They develop flat spots very quickly. They never make it to full life. If there is even a small flat spot replace the roller.
Darren

b3p0
01-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the input. I've already replaced feed and separation, as well as scuffed the shafts and cleaned the one-ways.

Downunder
01-17-2013, 09:59 AM
On the back of the little transport bed above tray 2 there are two white drive couplings - they tend to wear, pins make a groove and this alters timing.

If you are not getting in jams from tray 2, 3 or 4 then this would count out the main transport/registration unit.

b3p0
04-29-2013, 11:04 PM
I forgot to post up the resolution. Ended up looking closer at the the horiz. transport above tray 2, the frame was tweaked a little bit, ended up straightening out by hand, and was able to get the machine to pass paper without jamming since. Thanks !

Custom Search