PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C6501 - OCE CS 665 ppm jumps in and out of registration

Custom Search

Ferge
01-14-2013, 02:08 PM
I have been having problems with this printer from the day it was installed. This machine is 11 months old and I can't stand it. It jumps in and out of registration no matter the paper tray settings or weight. It moves left to right and up and down making final trim a nightmare. My tech has replaced every part possible on this machine from the image board to gears, rollers...you name it. I believe the problem is that the tech is not knowledge enough and not getting the proper support from OCE. Does anyone else have this problem with this particular machine?

seniortech
01-14-2013, 06:21 PM
I take it you are talking about the bulk tray (PF602) I would get your tech to recheck that the basic tray adjustments are correct as in the service manual, this should only take a few minuites. These units can be a pig if not installed correctly.

Northwestservice
01-14-2013, 06:25 PM
you are a customer posting on tech to tech forum...i would suggest you talk with your tech and his service manager

Ferge
01-14-2013, 07:20 PM
At this time in my life no I am not a tech....I have had lots of experience in the operations of several high end digital printers and at times have been a third party tech to Xerox equipment. This OCE unfortunately has my tech and I both at a loss. It seems after a few adjustments it will register some what exceptable but overall it's been a huge disappointment. I have never seen a piece of digital equipment do this. The bouncing of the image in no consistent manner whether you print one or two sided from the either Tray 4 or 5 LCT Trays makes me think it could not be either level or this particular printer is straight up a lemon. I have seen my tech adjust the skewness, replaced transfer rollers, paper sensors, adjusted guides in trays, replaced transport clutches, fuser parts, decurler rollers, ADU clutches, adjusted timing, feed clutches, re-installed fiery software, replaced image memory board.....I could go on and on. I know there is no easy answer just trying to get someone else's outlook on the situation. Any advice is greatly appreciated. By the way, I am a girl...so sorry for going on and on...

mrwho
01-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Does it happen from the standard trays? It's important to know if the problem lies with the machine or the PF unit.

Ferge
01-14-2013, 07:44 PM
It only happens in the LCT Trays 4 & 5 which is the trays which is a separate unit. The standard trays 1, 2 & 3 do not seem to have this problem with the registration. I have serious issues with skewing on all trays but have been told this is within specs. Hard to believe....my tech actually refers to the OCE CS 665 as a Ford (sorry) to the other piece of digital equipment I have which is a Xerox 5000 as a Cadillac. You get what you pay for.

seniortech
01-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Does it happen from the standard trays? It's important to know if the problem lies with the machine or the PF unit.

Get your tech to completely remove the paper feed unit and to run your media from the bypass tray which is present in the machine but not used with a PFU installed and to then check the output for registration and skew. this is a very handy test if the problem may be with thick media that may have problems feeding from the standard trays. Like Mrwho says, you need to know if you are dealing with a machine or PFU fault...

Ferge
01-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Thank you seniortech for the advice. My tech should be here tomorrow with more clutches to replace and I will relay your advise. I will keep you informed as to whether this is the fix or not. have a great day!

eifling
01-14-2013, 08:22 PM
you are a customer posting on tech to tech forum...i would suggest you talk with your tech and his service manager

If you can't help why bother posting.

seniortech
01-14-2013, 09:31 PM
A further thought...

There is a sensor in the PFU (Inclination Sensor) that centres the image on the page, there is another sensor within the ADU that corrects the image on duplex. These can go faulty and will cause the image to suddenly 'jump' 5mm front to back. Get your tech to disable them in service mode and see what happens when you run a job, replace sensor/s if faulty.

I have had several machines where the ADU entrance guide plates on the R/H side of the unit have bent and distorted due to paper jams. replacing both plates, upper and lower has resolved skewing/jamming/registration issues.

Get your tech to also check for loose or even bent ADU rails,the screws holding these to the frame of the machine come loose and the whole unit sits askew inside the machine. If you slightly lift the ADU whilst it is out if the rails are loose you can see the screws move, unusual I know but I have seen 4 or 5 machines with this problem.

But as I said earlier, get your tech to check the basics first.

Best of luck

mrwho
01-15-2013, 01:04 AM
PFU alignemt troubles - Check that the pfu is level with the machine.

Skew from all trays - You sure it isn't caused by paper stretching in the fuser?

Also, if I remember correctly, this machine has 1mm tolerance, which means 2mm in duplex (1mm front + 1mm back)

Custom Search