PDA

View Full Version : C6000l Smudge

Custom Search

juve
01-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Hi, Has anyone came by the problem as per attached image on a KM C6000l.
Already replace the black drum and 1st transfer belt cleaning. It occurs occasionally and mostly when using thick paper.

Haaland
01-28-2013, 08:11 AM
I have seen this a couple of times on our C7000, i don't know whats causing it, but i always end up changing developer and developer unit.
On some machines the dev/dev-unit are being replaced way to often because it occurs again, so if you find out whats causing it, please tell.

Hitesh_honey
01-28-2013, 12:50 PM
I have seen this a couple of times on our C7000, i don't know whats causing it, but i always end up changing developer and developer unit.
On some machines the dev/dev-unit are being replaced way to often because it occurs again, so if you find out whats causing it, please tell.

yes u r right pl change it also.

juve
01-28-2013, 01:39 PM
yes u r right pl change it also.
it seems that the doctor blade of the black dev unit needs an adjustment.we are still working on it,but it seems ok.but we have to leave it running under test for this week to be sure about it.

Captain Jack
10-28-2013, 02:06 PM
This problem is still happening...search "copy quality on heavy paper" I am having the issue with C6000 and C7000, other techs are reporting that they have replaced lots of parts, TFR units, Fuser units Drums and Developer units. One tech is putting orange tape on drums to increase distance to developer unit. How is that doctor blade test working out ? Why are we seeing this problem with heavy paper settings and one tech used 100 gsm setting for heavy paper and no Smudge.

spongebob
11-06-2013, 11:03 PM
I have seen this issue several times and it varies due to different drums installed. It seems to be the Drum/Dev unit gap to narrow one side so the Dev brushes against the drum. I have also used the orange packing tape affixed to the end showing the defect, the drums have two adjustment plates (possibly for factory adjustment) I usually place one or two thickness of tape on top of one of the plates (always the rear one in my experience). Check the density eveness after applying as this can be greatly affected. Hope this helps.

JustManuals
11-06-2013, 11:22 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

Captain Jack
11-07-2013, 01:07 AM
Yes mine was at the rear too, not sure why it only would show up when running heavy paper, In my case I moved the adjustment plate all the way forward for max. distance from drum. Maybe when the heavy paper hits the transfer roller it jitters the transfer belt assy. therefore bumping the drum and causing the gap to get closer to dev. unit.

blaze2000
11-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Somewhere in the forum there is a similar issue. One of my techs called in regards to this issue. In the other thread the problem is black streaks similar to this when using heavy paper. A viable response was to put two pieces of tape (the orange kind used for shipping) on each side of the drum, on the frame, of the drum unit...http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/78649-c6500-quality-problem-only-black-heavy-paper.html

silviux
11-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi, Has anyone came by the problem as per attached image on a KM C6000l.
Already replace the black drum and 1st transfer belt cleaning. It occurs occasionally and mostly when using thick paper.

10 cases solved by replacing the Developing unit

ChrissyG
01-15-2014, 03:07 PM
anybody got a picture of where to put the orange tape on the drum unit? cheers

Custom Search