PDA

View Full Version : c364 toner add question

Custom Search

brent
01-29-2013, 07:42 PM
so were in school and according to the the service gude m10 runs the 4 toner bottles. but we are in a little bit of confusion as to how (in a perfect world) if the toner bottle black. was being used primarily. and it needed to be replenished. how does that motor just spin the black toner bottle. I am sure I am wording it bad. and yes I have the manual and all data in front of me. just curious if anyone else went to school and had the same question? again. drive of toner cartridges are all 4 ran off one motor.

any thoughts?

thanks brent

pepper38_cnd
01-29-2013, 08:50 PM
All 4 toners turn at the same time keeping all sub hoppers full unless a toner bottle is empty. I know that sounds weird but that is how it was explained.

brent
01-29-2013, 08:57 PM
that is what we thought as well. just seemed kind of wierd to know when one unit needed toner. that all would spin. I appreciate your thoughts

brent

Kidaver
01-29-2013, 10:35 PM
I know your sub hopper is what actually monitors your toner supply. If you replace bottles before it says it can throw off your toner gauges. I've not really opened up a sub hopper but maybe the detection plate when it's up slows down the flow of toner from the bottle? I'm sure it's something along those lines. I remember it somewhat in class and that's what the Theory looks like. The hopper controls pretty much all the toner replenishment operations.

Custom Search