PDA

View Full Version : C 252 Black Panel

Custom Search

Rudi
01-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi All
I Have A Huge Problem With A C252 When I Switch The Mach On It Will Display The Hour Glass For A Couple Of Seconds And You Can Actually Hear The Machine Start Up But Before It Can Switch Over To Its Opperational Display The Display Goes Black The Only Light That Stays On Is The Power Light And The Machine Can Also Not Print Nor Fax Or Anything Else For That Matter . Nobody Worked On The Machine Prior To This Problem It Just Came Up .

Please Help .

mitchl
01-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Sounds like corrupt NVRAM, get the NVRAM troubleshooting guide from KM and there is also a recovery program available from KM which I havent had any success using so far. I fixed a couple last week with firmware upgrades but the key is to get the flash done before the screen goes blank as it corrupts the upgrade and you have to start over. If indeed the NVRAM is cooked you will have to return it to KM.

pepper38_cnd
01-24-2008, 10:58 PM
I had a similar problem I started with the NVRAM, then MFP, Scanner Board ( board C ), then control panel, Power supply . It turned out to be the driver board (board W ). If you can swap the board I would start with that one, it's the board next to the power supply board.

Good luck! let me know how it turns out.

laserman06
01-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I just had the same thing on a C250. It was the NVRAM.

Colormethis
01-28-2008, 03:34 AM
I have been working on these since the release, it does sound like the nv ram, the only way to get resolved is to call Konica Minolta, they will send a blank NV ram to the local tech and they will install it plus do firmware.
another thing to be aware of with this line is the static electricity issues , very bad, I sugest a plastic anti static matt under and in fron of copier. I have replaced the control board at least 4 times for this problem. only on this line, something in the grounding on the display, which when touched in the correct relative humidty and carpeted office environment smokes the control pcb.
Colormethis..

Rudi
01-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks A Lot Guys
It Turned Out To Be The Nvram We Just Recovered It Did The Set Up Again And The Mach Is Fine . Thanks Again.

mikeena
01-28-2008, 03:42 PM
i have had this problem before. what you need to do is jump back down to the ground on firmware. turn on the machine let it do its thing. not to say this will fix it but i have fixed it this way

Custom Search