PDA

View Full Version : Help... Unknown Symbol on C253 touch screen... Also having fax issues...

Custom Search

PrintMasterBuc
02-13-2013, 06:11 PM
19442 Just to the right of the time, there is a small symbol that I can't find anywhere in the manuals. Does anyone know what it means?:confused:

Also this machine will not let me enter the Fax/Scan menu. I can only make copies and prints on the machine... is there a setting I need to change to Scan/Fax?? I've been in the service menus and everything seems to be correct...

Any help would be great!!:D

...PMB...

mo0651
02-13-2013, 06:52 PM
it is an oil can..... maintenance warning. touch it...cool things happen. You need to call a tech for your fax.

PrintMasterBuc
02-13-2013, 07:10 PM
When I press it, it just beeps at me.

I am a tech, we just are not a Konica Dealer.

blazebusiness
02-13-2013, 07:53 PM
The oil can symbol is normally an image stabilization error code---- or indicates that some maintenance item or consumable item is needed. Pressing the symbol may give you a code that starts with a "P" which you can look up in the manual to see what the indication is. I am attatching the P codes in pdf format for that machine. Hope that helps.

PrintMasterBuc
02-13-2013, 09:01 PM
When I press the symbol on the machine it beeps. one short one long. It does not bring up any codes or anything. It also does the same thing when I press the fax/scan button below the touchscreen. It's very frustrating.

EarthKmTech
02-13-2013, 09:54 PM
FAX/SCAN is unavailable unless the hard drive is mounted, enabled and functional.

If the hard drive has failed in such a way that its never spinning up and the machine is waiting for it to become ready, it will wait forever and never throw an error code.

kronical
02-13-2013, 10:08 PM
If service mode is functioning, go to State Confirmation, Memory/HDD Adjust and run Memory Check and HDD R/W Check.
If HDD shows NG, attempt HDD Format, Physical (reboot) and Logical (reboot)
See if you can get into web interface and access/backup the address book and be sure to print off config before formatting.
Otherwise pull off the fax boards and check if you can scan, you may have faulty modem. In service mode, hit FAX and select Initialization. Initialize Fax Function Parameter.

EarthKmTech
02-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Also,

If unable to get into service mode due to HDD failure, you will need to unplug the HDD, start the machine up and wait for it to error - you can then wait a couple minutes for utility mode readiness and enter service mode if desired and temporarily disable the HDD till you have a new one.

If you experience these symptoms your HDD is terminally F-ked and needs to be replaced.

PrintMasterBuc
02-13-2013, 10:40 PM
@kronical and earth... Thank you... I'll post my results.

emujo
02-13-2013, 10:47 PM
The MFP has the IU PPLM firmware installed...Oil can lit, but no response when pressed is normal..One or more of the consumables has reached its life span. W/o the firmware your MFP wouldn't operate until the unit (IU, X-fer belt, fuser) was replaced. Emujo

EarthKmTech
02-14-2013, 11:48 AM
ahh yes, forgot about that povo firmware for dealers ;)

PrintMasterBuc
02-14-2013, 04:39 PM
The HDD is unset. What is the process for initializing it?

Thanks for all your help!!

blazebusiness
02-14-2013, 06:14 PM
The HDD is unset. What is the process for initializing it?

Thanks for all your help!!

The hard drive may be unset for a reason.You may not even have one installed. Take off the back cover of the machine & physically verify you have a hard drive HD-508 (Hard Disk). This item was an optional item(at least I think it was)----does not come standard.

So I'll bring you back to what EarthKMtech said in his post "FAX/SCAN is unavailable unless the hard drive is mounted, enabled and functional."

This might go a long way toward explaining why your having those fax/scan problems.

Darren King
02-14-2013, 07:17 PM
The hard drive may be unset for a reason.You may not even have one installed. Take off the back cover of the machine & physically verify you have a hard drive HD-508 (Hard Disk). This item was an optional item(at least I think it was)----does not come standard.

So I'll bring you back to what EarthKMtech said in his post "FAX/SCAN is unavailable unless the hard drive is mounted, enabled and functional."

This might go a long way toward explaining why your having those fax/scan problems.

HDD on colour machines is a standard feature. If "Unset" then you have to make it "Set". Then you should do a logical format of the HDD.
Darren

PrintMasterBuc
02-14-2013, 09:27 PM
It has a HDD. It will do a physical format, but when trying a logical format, It seems to freeze up. We waited for about 3 hours this morning to see if it just needed time and the percentage never went above 0% done.

memory check works fine and comes back ok.

EarthKmTech
02-14-2013, 09:35 PM
replace the hard drive.

logical format should take no more than 30 seconds to a minute.

The machine takes a 60GB 2.5" IDE hard drive, standard.

(I've been meaning to try a 64gb SSD 2.5" ide drive in my C253 to see if its a viable alternative, but haven't yet and cant confirm if it works)

KM for obvious reasons no longer provide IDE drives, the new drives are SATA, When retrofitting the new drive, a SATA - IDE adapter board is required, 2 x screws and the modified mounting bracket. If your lucky and have an ultra late version machine, it may already be fitted with this kit, but i doubt it. There is a bulletin with this information in it.

PrintMasterBuc
02-14-2013, 09:59 PM
I have a 60 gb ata/ide hard drive in the machine at the moment.

PrintMasterBuc
02-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Just an update... The machine is up and running now. The issue was the ribbon cable for the hard drive. While moving the machine, the cable had come loose where it meets the PCB. Once it was plugged in firmly the machine allowed me to format. and is now running.:cool:

Custom Search