PDA

View Full Version : Staples out of position intermidently using saddle stitch. SD-508/Bizhub C552

Custom Search

wseyller
02-20-2013, 12:32 AM

Look for the staples in the picture. They run about 25 sets at a time. It only happens ever few sets (maybe 4 or 5).

Specs of the booklet: uses a preprinted thick cover glossy on outside. 10 plain 8 1/2 x 11 pages inside.

I am a noob when it comes to finishers. I spent some time in the theory of operation manual trying to learn more about the equipment. I did not find anything in Knowledge base so far. Hoping someone has seen this before and knows where I should start looking. It's not a high priority issue to the customer and I had to order a transfer roller for their machine so I have a few days to wrap my head around this. Any help appreciated. Let me know if you need more info.

nmfaxman
02-20-2013, 02:33 AM
The glossy paper tends to slip in the finisher.
I recommend the customer use extra smooth paper (CHEAPER) and set the machine or driver for glossy mode.
I will bet that they can hear when it miss staples as a squealing sound.

As always when obvious........................................... no offense........................................... .....................

Custom Search