PDA

View Full Version : C5501 banner printing

Custom Search

bronzegixer
02-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Hi want to banner print on a c5501, have come across konicas own PDF for a C6500,
which states service mode/system settings/software DipSW
set engine Dip Sw 10-0 to 1
set engine Dip Sw 10-1 to 0

done this can now specify custom paper 330 x 720 ok, prints only 1 at a time if two sheets are in bypass tray stops machine just before paper comes out of sub tray, it appaers to be the paper senor nearest to machin on bypass tray as i tried to put a sheet in just after one had gone and soon as i touched the paper senor stop machine, as you can imagine takes a while one at a time.

are there any other DipSw settings did see mention of 2-0

jotunn
02-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Tell me if your machine works with standard-sized paper from bypass tray without problems - even if there is more than one sheet loaded?
If so, everything is ok - there is no official support for banner printing in those machines.

Sure you can turn that option on, but it was implemented for testing purposes only, and for that reason you cannot expect that it would work like with standard papers.
If your machine prints on banner, but wants only one sheet at a time in a bypass tray, you can expect that this is just the way it was implemented...

mrwho
02-20-2013, 06:14 PM
I've used it once just to check it out, and I believe it's supposed to work just one sheet at a time - that's how other machines (C450, for example) work also when doing banner.

seniortech
02-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Hi want to banner print on a c5501, have come across konicas own PDF for a C6500,
which states service mode/system settings/software DipSW
set engine Dip Sw 10-0 to 1
set engine Dip Sw 10-1 to 0

done this can now specify custom paper 330 x 720 ok, prints only 1 at a time if two sheets are in bypass tray stops machine just before paper comes out of sub tray, it appaers to be the paper senor nearest to machin on bypass tray as i tried to put a sheet in just after one had gone and soon as i touched the paper senor stop machine, as you can imagine takes a while one at a time.

are there any other DipSw settings did see mention of 2-0

I assume as you have said 'sub tray 'you may have a finisher installed. Banner printing on this machine will only work with an output tray installed. I look after two machines that have done nearly 1 million prints each that are only used for banner printing, never give problems and run service to service.

mrwho
02-20-2013, 10:33 PM
I assume as you have said 'sub tray 'you may have a finisher installed. Banner printing on this machine will only work with an output tray installed. I look after two machines that have done nearly 1 million prints each that are only used for banner printing, never give problems and run service to service.

Sorry, no - I did it with a "standard" (can't remember the model) finisher installed and it worked fine outputting to the sub-tray. Unless it's a firmware thing.

bronzegixer
02-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Thanks everyone for comments yes it was sub tray and yes do have a finisher attached, does run sra3 from bypass ok so just need to find the dipSw to tell it to turn off first paper senor

mrwho
02-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks everyone for comments yes it was sub tray and yes do have a finisher attached, does run sra3 from bypass ok so just need to find the dipSw to tell it to turn off first paper senor

I just changed the 10-0 and 10-1 switches and nothing else - fed the banner paper one at a time, without the need to modify anything else.

seniortech
02-21-2013, 06:51 PM
FYI

http://www.init-digital.ru/upload/files/manuals/Banner6500.pdf

bronzegixer
02-21-2013, 08:41 PM
thanks mrwho and senioertech, thats what i did but if you have two sheets in bypass tray the first paper sensor trips machine out just as first sheet starts to come out, due to first paper sensor being down on bypass, if feed one at a time no problems i did try putting a second sheet straight after first had gone and soon as it pushed down the first sensoe caused problem. Being as i had 50 to print took a while, I suppose if i had a lot to do may consider taking finisher unit off if it was quick,

mrwho
02-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Once again, I believe you must feed one at a time. (Notice the slight emphasis on "must").

Mick01
02-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Mr Who is correct you can only feed ONE at a time.
If the customer requires multiple banners (printing with the Fiery) here is the way i advise it is done.
Import the job into command workstation.
Set up the properties of the job so there will be no conflicts when printing (this is important as it is vital that the job will print without having to press "detail check" and force the job to the tray.
Highlight the job, right click and duplicate
Then hightlight both jobs and duplicate again
Repeat the two procedures above until there are the same amount of jobs to match the customer requirements
Highlight all the jobs, right click and print. this will send the file one at a time.

Hope this helps

anhlinh78
05-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Hi Friends,
I have problem regarding banner printing function on Bizhub C550.
When I press Utility/Counter key on Control panel, I didn't see the number 6 (just have from 1 to 5).
As far as I know, the number 4 show Banner printing function, so How should I do to solve it?
Anyone help me. Thank you very much.
BR,
Linh Anh. :confused:

thuo
05-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Change dip settings as explained.then try using command work station.it will give you the option of duplicating the file you want to print without having to load each paper at a time

Custom Search