PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220 Developing/ HV unit issue...?

Custom Search

bseeley1844
03-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Anyone ever see a C220 pull developer to the end of the unit. I once saw it on a C350 similar problem but not exact symptoms. Thinking HV unit.

Installed brand new Developing Unit (cyan) today and the quality issue (attached photo) was resolved. 1400 pages later the problem returned. Suspecting HV unit unless someone has a better solution or has seen it.

Thanks

bseeley1844
03-01-2013, 09:59 PM
The whole halftone of cyan has those streaks you see in the sky of this pic (no jets were not flying)

bseeley1844
03-01-2013, 10:01 PM
100% sure the developer is the issue but like I said the root cause of whats causing these developer units to fail so quick is what is killing me.

tech51
03-02-2013, 06:25 PM
I`ve had a couple of HV boards fail on these so I reckon its a good place to staert. Its an easy board to get at but check the connection springs/contacts and HV cables are in good condition as well.

Mr Spock
03-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Also the toner add system. If this is not working then it will start pulling developer after 1500-2000 pages.

AjitN
03-05-2013, 04:22 AM
100% sure the developer is the issue but like I said the root cause of whats causing these developer units to fail so quick is what is killing me.

I think its only drum unit failure. Try new/known good drum unit. Any way you have to add some developer in cyan Dev unit,

JustManuals
03-05-2013, 04:59 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
03-05-2013, 07:40 AM
When you change a developing unit for this issue, change the corresponding drum unit too at the SAME TIME, EVERY TIME.
Also ensure the laser windows are clean, and free of contamination along with the HV contacts.

This is to be done FIRST before attempting additional fault finding. 9/10 this will fix the problem, I dont G.A.F. what the manual says, I know better ;)

Southtech
03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Anyone ever see a C220 pull developer to the end of the unit. I once saw it on a C350 similar problem but not exact symptoms. Thinking HV unit.

Installed brand new Developing Unit (cyan) today and the quality issue (attached photo) was resolved. 1400 pages later the problem returned. Suspecting HV unit unless someone has a better solution or has seen it.

Thanks

I also had the same problem. I installed a new drum and after 1500 prints the printer started making waves.

I changed the developing unit and after 1500 prints the same happened.

I then changed the drum and developer unit and the printer is now working fine.

It must be the drum that is causing that. Changed the drum and I believe that will solve your problem.

BIZZZHUBS
06-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Ive had the developer fillings come out on my copies like dust. Cant understand why. Drum looks fine. Perhaps its a faulty unit. Anyone know why?

stevena86
06-05-2014, 10:52 PM
One thing I would look at as well, kind of what Mr Spock said.

After it goes to shit, look at the TCR in service mode on all colors and see what % your Cyan is sitting at. If it is low, do a manual add toner and see if that brings it in line. If it does, most likely your toner hopper sub system is bad and isn't refilling the hopper/developer back up to keep a constant TCR for good quality. Change out the toner sub hopper assy' and see if it gets better.

You'll also want to look for C255x codes in the service history. Those codes refer to a low toner density state, which can further prove what is going on.

Service Mode -> State Confirmation -> Level History 1 for your TCR %'s.

Not saying this is what is happening, but I've had some goofy things happen when those toner sub hoppers go kaput.

Custom Search