PDA

View Full Version : C454 Transfer Belt blade flipping over

Custom Search

mikez
03-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Has anybody else been having issues with C454 series with transfer belts. I have 2 machines that have under 1000 copies and the transfer belt blade flipped on them. I have had to warranty both of them.

EarthKmTech
03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
yes

one did it the day after it was installed, and we just removed the cleaning section and put it back on, the blade wasnt bent. It's not come back in since.

They probably need to modify the firmware and add a black band for lubrication every so many pages as per the old black and white machines.

BTW, im sure im not the only one, but I do not consider the c454/554 to be a legitimate replacement for the c452/552 machines. When i see customers with those engines wanting to upgrade, i save my self the future headaches and recommend the c654/754 as at least thats a decent engine with a proven track record. If anything, going from a C452/C552 to a C454/C554 is a major downgrade in engine robustness and if anyone expects the same kind of life out of it as c452/c552 they are only going to be disappointed.

tech51
03-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Not seen it on this model (yet) but had it recently on newly installed C280 belts. Perhaps they are not adding enough toner to the blade on manufacter. When I install a new belt now, I go straight into tech mode and run 8 or so prints in the half tone test mode at max density on A3 (using all the colours to avoid running down the toner levels too much). At least then there should be enough lube on the blade.

Custom Search