PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Custom Search

RRodgers
03-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Finally fixed a beast that's been driving me NUTS!! I had a C650 that was hard locked with a 3725 code. (this was passed to me from another tech that was having trouble with it) I couldn't get it to trouble reset or anything. I even tried a new fuser. They just so happen to have another C650 in another room that I could use for "testing" So I swapped ram. I've seen bad ram lock a machine control panel and figured that was it. NOPE! got to try another control panel... NOPE. ok... pop some more covers off... and BTW!!! WHO HAS A BROTHER AT KONICA THAT OWNS A SCREW COMPANY?!?! I SWEAR!!!!! 50 million screws to take off a back cover... THEN you have to take off another 50 million just to get the cover off that is under that one... OH.. and to pull this cover off you have to take off ANOTHER STINKING COVER!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!

So anyways, try to flash it... nope.... pull the HDD... nope... have a look at some of the boards and I notice a fuse was blown on the power supply ... oh... ok... quick trip to radio shack to get another one. Pop it in and other fuse blows (F2... still no IDEA what F2 controls nor does Konica TS) can't find anything in the manual about it. (and Paul if you ask me if I wanna buy a manual.... you are paying for our beers!!! (ha ha) anyways... I ended up pulling just about every connection off the DCPS (DC Power Supply (I know we have some end users on here)) and it STILL POPS when I fire it up... ok... bad DCPS. Order a new one. It comes in, pop it in, fire it and and.... same... grrr.

Swap printer control boards... nope... Ok... it has to be the OACB (Over All Control Board) ordered one and popped it in... same.... GRRRRRR!!!! I figured I'd try flashing it one more time, if that didn't work I would try an NVRAM reset. :( (hate doing those... sooo much work involved after)

Anyways.... it ended up firing up after the flash and now it's working. I ran 1000 duplexed copies just to be sure it's running. Ohhh... and it need a Y and M IU (Yellow and Magenta Imaging Unit)

So that's my fun story for the week. I hope this helps somebody someday.
Peace.

Hansoon
03-03-2013, 07:56 AM
and Paul if you ask me if I wanna buy a manual.... you are paying for our beers!!!

;)

Hans

fixthecopier
03-03-2013, 12:24 PM
This should be saved and used as an example for all those who post 1 liners asking a question, about how you try everything you can, then you ask a question, or in this case, just share information that may help others.

MAD0RAM
03-03-2013, 01:18 PM
So the fix was to re-flash the copier? Or to replace all known parts?

I would feel a little sceptic leaving this machine.

blackcat4866
03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
My read is PS + OACB + flash = working copier. Cause?: maybe shorted fuser driver circuitry on the OACB?

Nice work! It's frustrating when you cannot make a direct cause/effect connection. =^..^=

RRodgers
03-03-2013, 06:13 PM
My read is PS + OACB + flash = working copier. Cause?: maybe shorted fuser driver circuitry on the OACB?

Nice work! It's frustrating when you cannot make a direct cause/effect connection. =^..^=

Yep, pretty much what it was.

RRodgers
03-03-2013, 06:15 PM
So the fix was to re-flash the copier? Or to replace all known parts?

I would feel a little sceptic leaving this machine.

One of the main reasons I ran 1000 copies duplexed before I left. I didn't do them in color only because of the Y and M IU's.

Custom Search