PDA

View Full Version : C552 customer wants to scan to pdf in acrobat 10 or 11 versus 5

Custom Search

wseyller
03-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Customer wanted me to upgrade the firmware thinking it would help them. They say that the scanning to pdf is in acrobat reader version 5 but they want it to be in version 10 or 11 because it further reduces the size of the file. They are doing this manually I guess. I looked in firmware pdf's, the manuals and knowledge base and I don't see any reference to what version these pdfs are created.

Gaffers01
03-05-2013, 04:09 PM
ehhhhh i am pretty sure it just scans as a PDF and then when you open it on your pc it will just open up in whatever version adobe or other software you use to view the document.
Sounds to me as your customer has no idea what they are talking about to be honest.

EarthKmTech
03-05-2013, 04:14 PM
presumably what they're talking about is the PDF scanning file format version, Acrobat 5 is PDF version 1.4 and I doubt you can do anything about that at all. If a customer asked me that the answer would be NO, and it's its that way for maximum compatibility among as many users as possible. The only thing I would suggest is compact PDF, and if its still too big, its as good as it gets, see you later.

wseyller
03-06-2013, 12:36 AM
presumably what they're talking about is the PDF scanning file format version, Acrobat 5 is PDF version 1.4 and I doubt you can do anything about that at all. If a customer asked me that the answer would be NO, and it's its that way for maximum compatibility among as many users as possible. The only thing I would suggest is compact PDF, and if its still too big, its as good as it gets, see you later.

Thanks. I let them know that they will have to deal with the way it is. Think they finally accepted it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

EarthKmTech
03-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Naturally, its upto you to translate my comments into a non offensive format. On here we have the freedom to speak our minds without fear of a meeting in the managers office for telling the truth to a customer and that's one of the main reasons i'm here.

Custom Search