PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c35 Jamming tray 3

Custom Search

mikez
03-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Every C35 we have in the field with tray 3 is jamming. Paper jams right at sep roller doesn't even make it out of the tray. There are no solutions at minolta. We have tried lubing the spring on shaft of the sep roller solves issue for a couple days. Also cut spring 1 1/2 loops on sep roller shaft which makes it better but doesn't solve issue. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

JR2ALTA
03-06-2013, 06:56 PM
search forum, or just scroll down Konica posts we've been discussing these little jewels a lot lately

JustManuals
03-06-2013, 08:59 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

mmru4real
03-06-2013, 11:31 PM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/70305-bizhub-c35-jamming-tray-2-only.html
Please see this thread.

Kidaver
03-07-2013, 02:36 AM
We had one of these show up in the shop the other day....sent to us from another company to set up and deliver....not one we sold....it comes in and I tell our Main Sales guy it's a POS....he says why is that...I told him I'd seen enough threads started on the thing I had hope we'd never sell one...

JR2ALTA
03-07-2013, 02:49 AM
you can only minimize an mfp so much, this machine pushes that limit

Kidaver
03-07-2013, 02:52 AM
We have a Bizhub 36 a salesman tried to sell and when the customer tried it they didn't want it...it's been sitting on our floor for about a year...even had a 2nd customer check it out...they didn't like it...I told them when I was in school for it it was junk...I can only imagine the color version of it has to be worse...

blackcat4866
03-08-2013, 01:35 AM
The 36 and 42 are solid machines with a stupid configurational twist. They are near relatives to the bizhub 363/423, and use all the same consumables.

The machine will print up to 297mm deep by 387mm (15.25") long. The trays will accept up to legal, but I thought that at least the bypass would still feed 17 x 11 (tabloid). Nope! If you go to the bypass tray, custom size, the largest paper size allowed is 387mm/15.25".

Why disallow that size? It doesn't make any sense. Maybe because of the puny scanner. The only other flaw I've found is that paper jams from tray #3 are nearly impossible to remove, due to the location of the bypass tray. Fortunately for me, my machines have 4 trays, so I just re-locate the lowest volume paper size to tray #3 to minimize the issue.

JR2ALTA
03-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Don't forget the worst op panel to navigate ever.

Scanning error? You're sol.

blackcat4866
03-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Unfortunately, they did not carry through the full size operation software like the 363/423. It operates more like a bizhub 25 in user mode and service mode. =^..^=

Kidaver
03-08-2013, 01:55 PM
yeah engine wise it's pretty much a 363/423...which I find to be good solid engines...but like they say above...that scanner and op panel is what makes them junk...

dobedobedo
07-12-2013, 01:46 AM
Every C35 we have in the field with tray 3 is jamming. Paper jams right at sep roller doesn't even make it out of the tray. There are no solutions at minolta. We have tried lubing the spring on shaft of the sep roller solves issue for a couple days. Also cut spring 1 1/2 loops on sep roller shaft which makes it better but doesn't solve issue. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Use a vicegrip on the metal bar underneath the white roller. Make grooves under that white roller so it catches it while it feeds the paper. The problem lies when the white roller does not move with the silver bar. Another thing is that black mylar can be cut, that causes jams as well. Let me know how it goes! I have alot of C35s out in the field, and it does not fix it, but helps it not jam as much.

joe keogh
07-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi all one thing I have found that causes the C35 to call a jam but none is found when operator opens side panel. This can be caused by the bottom sheets in the tray are folded over causing uneven pressure on one side. Once loaded correctly it works. Joe

jqueen
10-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Okay, a bit late on this one but I've been having the same issue with the 'mysterious' paper jam out of tray 3. We happen to have another unit here in the shop that I am able to take parts out of and I think that I have found the issue since I didn't see it already posted. But I'll tell you what I did to fix it...

First, thought that it might be a sensor going a bit hay-wire, so I checked the paper exit sensor on tray 3 and swapped it with the paper detection sensor...nope. NG :(
Then I replaced the PCCB on tray 3... NG :mad:
Finally, tried replacing the drive motor on tray 3.....
WHAAAAALAAAA!!! Ran beautifully!! :D

My theory, and could be wrong, but I believe that the motor after being used so much and warmed up would/could short out and just stop altogether without a code and thus cause a 'mysterious' paper jam. So, if anyone is still having this issue, try it. Motor...Good luck!!

Custom Search