PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub350 Developer problem

Custom Search

bebe.radescu
03-08-2013, 07:59 AM
After i change the developer, i make the ATDC sensor gain (without the toner bottle). The problem is that the gain is too high, 163. The machine does like 6 or 7k copies and enters the error c3557. Meaning it needs to change the developer again. I don't know where i'm wrong, or what doesn't work properly. Any ideas?

EarthKmTech
03-08-2013, 09:15 AM
are you doing this as part of drum replacerment ?

if so, triple check that the relevent counters have reset, and power off the machine and check once more before running f8. Its not uncommon to have to reset the drum counter on these things 4 or more times before it resets for some unknown reason.

bebe.radescu
03-08-2013, 10:43 AM
are you doing this as part of drum replacerment ?

if so, triple check that the relevent counters have reset, and power off the machine and check once more before running f8. Its not uncommon to have to reset the drum counter on these things 4 or more times before it resets for some unknown reason.

I forgot to say that i reset all the counters, drum and special parts counters before making the F8.

krm
03-08-2013, 11:35 AM
I forgot to say that i reset all the counters, drum and special parts counters before making the F8.
You MUST install new drum kit and developer at the same time. Open duplex door before powering on so the C2557 won't appear before you can reset the PC counter and then run the F-8. It's best to reset the PC counter, then power off and rebuild the unit. That should do it. These machines and there predecessors (Di2010 series) never handled the F-8 adjustment well. Also, make sure you are using the DV310 developer and not the developer for the 2010 series.

fixthecopier
03-08-2013, 11:42 AM
You MUST install new drum kit and developer at the same time. Open duplex door before powering on so the C2557 won't appear before you can reset the PC counter and then run the F-8. It's best to reset the PC counter, then power off and rebuild the unit. That should do it. These machines and there predecessors (Di2010 series) never handled the F-8 adjustment well. Also, make sure you are using the DV310 developer and not the developer for the 2010 series.

Yep, do everything krm said. it is obvious he has done this before.

Hansoon
03-08-2013, 06:13 PM
And after resetting the counters, switch the machine off with the fat main switch at the back. Do not use the control panel switch for it.

Hans

suso73os
03-08-2013, 06:35 PM
The problem may be the solenoid that turns the toner bottle and the hopper unit, over the time the sponge that has the solenoid becomes like glue, for this reason the toner bottle or the hopper unit is always turning and adding toner to the developing unit, ( also when you are doing a f8) and after the reparation you can obtain this error code. Check it please!

bebe.radescu
03-12-2013, 07:38 AM
The problem may be the solenoid that turns the toner bottle and the hopper unit, over the time the sponge that has the solenoid becomes like glue, for this reason the toner bottle or the hopper unit is always turning and adding toner to the developing unit, ( also when you are doing a f8) and after the reparation you can obtain this error code. Check it please!

I don t think that is the solenoid. I f the toner bottle would always turn, then the developer tank would be filled with toner sooner. I do t think it would last 7k copies. After i change the developer i d f8 and gives me like 165, its a little bit high. After 4k copies c2557 occurs. I raise the level to 180 and it lasts another 2kcopies. The max level is 255. When it reaches this level i must change the developer. But the number of copies that can be maked in this interval is too low. This is my problem. When i change the developer, i do it by the book. Could it be the ATDC sensor? Could it be the toner?

bebe.radescu
03-12-2013, 07:42 AM

Ies, i did all that when i changed the developer. I checked, it is DV310, i checked to make sure that the counters are reset. Still the machine wont do more than 7k copies with brand new developer. I cant figure what the problem is. could it be the toner i use or the ATDC?

davidj7
03-13-2013, 06:51 AM
Ies, i did all that when i changed the developer. I checked, it is DV310, i checked to make sure that the counters are reset. Still the machine wont do more than 7k copies with brand new developer. I cant figure what the problem is. could it be the toner i use or the ATDC?

well i had the problem on a c220 and i took 50 grams of developer from the developer module and the machine is back on its feet .

suso73os
03-13-2013, 06:55 PM
I haven't changed any ATDC sensor in this model but may be of course, in my opinion de problem are the solenoids, there are two, one for the toner bottle and other for the toner hopper, when they start failing the problem is not continuous, anyway is not a bad idea to check it because you'll need to do it later or sooner. If you client uses an original toner it can't be the problem but if your client has recharging it....

maccopy
03-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Try and replace developer assembly 1st

Gabriel
03-21-2013, 02:51 AM
Replace the Hopper drive unit p/n 4040 0768 00
I have to replace few of them to fix this problem

Best Regards

Gabriel

Custom Search