PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 421/ 501

Custom Search

brasilmichaele
03-09-2013, 09:31 PM
i have an issue with the Model of machine, Konica Minolta Bizhub 421/ 501. the machine quits printing. You can ping machine, web into the machine put will not print. Turn off machine and unplug for 5 to 10 minutes and turn it back on and it will print whatever is in the cue. I have replaced the OACB and IC207 and it still does the same. We have 3 of the machines doing the same thing. Help, anything to help would be greatly appreciated.

Mr Spock
03-09-2013, 10:51 PM
There is special firmware for this but before suggesting this do the following.
Unplug the machine from the network, go to a computer and ping the ip of the copier. Chances are you will get a response, this indicates that the ip is in use by something other than the copier and IT needs to fix it.

brasilmichaele
03-09-2013, 11:50 PM
what is the level of firmware we need

Mr Spock
03-10-2013, 07:22 AM
version GDL-21 or higher

Also turn off smb hosting.

marco1508
04-14-2013, 08:43 PM
if you have the same problem in 3 machines, your problem are in the switch of the network, try with a crossover cable and make network with your pc, and send a ping, also you can make a little network with another switch and check, in many times the swith overheat and fail,

RRodgers
04-14-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm sure it's a firmware issue. Flash it, if you can't flash it you'll need to pay someone to do them. If you are local I'll give you a sweet deal to do it.

bseeley1844
04-18-2013, 01:20 PM
I had this exact issue with a 421. I could hook my laptop up to the copier and print all day long. Once I hooked into the customers network (a large one), the machine would lock up within a few print jobs. Same thing I could still ping/access web browser and had to let sit off to get back.

I tried many things. Terrible solution but ours was to use the WSD driver or whatever they call it. I still believe it was some sort of reservation DHCP problem or something on the network. Will be interested to see if firmware does it. I could swear I did it, even replaced boards like you said.

Custom Search