PDA

View Full Version : driver MAC 10.5 for Bizhub C280

Custom Search

lulasantana
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Good morning everyone,

I wonder ifthere is a PCL driver for Mac Bizhub C280. Accurate because the driver ispostscript printing quality with a very dark compared to what you see on themonitor. With a windows print driver (PCL) and print out perfect, so I suspectthat is the printer language.

I thankyou.

P. S.:Sorry for the bad english, because I'm Brazilian.

emujo
03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
I believe the mac OS will only work with the PS driver...you may be able to use the mac to connect to a shared PCL printer on a server, but I'm not 100% sure of this..KM only offers PS drivers for the mac OS...the real answer may be to calibrate the users monitor, or change the ICC profile to match his/her monitor. Emujo

TheOwl
03-12-2013, 11:30 PM
PostScript is the only driver type offered for Mac OS as PS is the only support print language for the Mac OS.

There are ways of installing and using PCL drivers, but I would be doing exactly what Emujo suggested which fixes the problem and doesn't simply put a band-aid on it.

Just a quick bit of history for you, but it was some EX Xerox guys who left and started Adobe back in the day. In doing so, they also created the PS print language to which Apple adopted for their systems.

The idea behind PostScript printing is that it more or less up to the system that sends the print job to get everything right, rather than the print driver attempting to determine what a colour should and shouldn't look like. That is why you have options in the PCL driver to adjust the colour, but not in the PS driver.

KenB
03-13-2013, 12:25 AM
PCL is like putting an automatic transmission in a Porsche. ;)

lulasantana
03-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Good morning,

I would like to thank everyone who read my post and especially Emujo TheOwl by explanations. So will you guys could guide me how to adjust the ICC? Recalling that the C280 does not use fiery, I'm using the Emperon. Unfortunately I can not calibrate the monitor because I have only one spectrophotometer that calibrates just Fiery ...

I just have one more question, which may seem ridiculous, but where do I change the default driver for MAC standard on one side? Why has set as default front verse.

Well it is, once again thank you and sorry for bad english.

Desfazer edições

Alpha

TheOwl
03-13-2013, 10:46 PM
The drivers from Konica Minolta these mostly install with a default for double sided (duplex), so that is why it is defaulted on your system.

If you go to Safari and type in http://localhost:631 , you should get the CUPS setup where you can then change the defaults of installed printers. The other way of doing it is to create a Pre-Set when printing with all the features that you require saved into a Pre-Set or Multiple Pre-Sets.

Custom Search